Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EasyTrigger pulldown when using Philips Hue plugin - Set a device to another device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EasyTrigger pulldown when using Philips Hue plugin - Set a device to another device

First of all, for the admins, can you create an EasyTrigger section under the Plug-Ins > Utilities section and then move this there?

I am using HS4 with Spud's EasyTrigger plugin, and the HS4 default Philips Hue plugin.

I'd like to set a device value to another device's value, but the pulldown options aren't clear enough for me to pick the right bulb.

In this example, I'm looking for the "saturation" value for one particular bulb, but this list was incorrectly generated and all my bulbs show up in the list without more descriptive titles. I could guess and keep trying but that doesn't sound like the right solution.

I'm honestly not 100% sure where this data comes from - in regards to the "Plugin" and "PhilipsHue" portion. Maybe it's a category and device type? Not really sure.

And again, to clarify, this is when trying to use the "Set device to another device" option under EasyTrigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-07-24_23h53_37.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1405679

Easytrigger plugin only has an hs3 version for now

​​​​​​https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...sytrigger-spud

Comment

Originally posted by dmcentire View Post
      First of all, for the admins, can you create an EasyTrigger section under the Plug-Ins > Utilities section and then move this there?

I am using HS4 with Spud's EasyTrigger plugin, and the HS4 default Philips Hue plugin.

I'd like to set a device value to another device's value, but the pulldown options aren't clear enough for me to pick the right bulb.

In this example, I'm looking for the "saturation" value for one particular bulb, but this list was incorrectly generated and all my bulbs show up in the list without more descriptive titles. I could guess and keep trying but that doesn't sound like the right solution.

I'm honestly not 100% sure where this data comes from - in regards to the "Plugin" and "PhilipsHue" portion. Maybe it's a category and device type? Not really sure.

And again, to clarify, this is when trying to use the "Set device to another device" option under EasyTrigger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-07-24_23h53_37.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1405679
      Plugin / PhilipsHue are the default Floor/Room, if you change the Floor/Room for each bulb (or if you change the name of the saturation feature itself) you should be able to differentiate them in the EasyTrigger pull down options.

With the new device/feature paradigm in HS4, ideally EasyTrigger should display names as "Device + Feature", instead of just "Feature" but this has not been adapted yet.

Comment

Working...
      X