HS4 - Send camera image when door is opened via pushover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 - Send camera image when door is opened via pushover

I have a hikvision camera and i'm not quite sure what to put in the pushover "send pushover message" fields to grab the last snapshot and send it out now that i have my cameras working in HS4 without the netcam plugin. anyone know?

Click image for larger version  Name:	JbrLRB8FiK.png Views:	83 Size:	220.2 KB ID:	1405912

The message attachment field (which is where you would put an image to attach) is expecting a path to a physical file (like C:\camera.jpg) which it will then encode and attach to the pushover message.

You will need to have another action to run a program or similar and grab the image from your camera prior to sending the message and then specify this path in the message action, I don't know if you can grab a still image in HS4 as I don't use it - if so then you would need to look at this, if not then you might need to explore options like using wget or similar that can be given a command line argument to a location and download the image for you.

Comment

Check out the netcam plugin.

Comment

Netcam has become useless in HS4
        there is no way to grab the current image anymore, that feature has been removed
        all you can do now is take a picture and view it in the browser, again useless

Comment

Originally posted by sirbooker View Post
          Netcam has become useless in HS4
          there is no way to grab the current image anymore, that feature has been removed
          all you can do now is take a picture and view it in the browser, again useless
          I hope HS puts currentimage.jpg back. I really miss this. I had an event setup that when someone rings my doorbell I get a text with a picture of my front door and driveway.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
            The message attachment field (which is where you would put an image to attach) is expecting a path to a physical file (like C:\camera.jpg) which it will then encode and attach to the pushover message.

You will need to have another action to run a program or similar and grab the image from your camera prior to sending the message and then specify this path in the message action, I don't know if you can grab a still image in HS4 as I don't use it - if so then you would need to look at this, if not then you might need to explore options like using wget or similar that can be given a command line argument to a location and download the image for you.

From what I have seen every time a picture is taken it has a different filename. I don't see any way to setup HS4 to take a picture and sent it being you will not know the filename.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post

I hope HS puts currentimage.jpg back. I really miss this. I had an event setup that when someone rings my doorbell I get a text with a picture of my front door and driveway.

Jim
              i used to do the very same thing.....but no more

Comment

+1

Comment

Can a script be put together to grab the file name and somehow used ?

Comment

Originally posted by mik3 View Post
                    Can a script be put together to grab the file name and somehow used ?
                    yes please

Comment

Here's an idea for a workaround. Keep in mind I'm not a programmer nor do I use Pushover so take it for what it's worth.

1. Use jon00's file monitor to watch for a new file to be created in the directory where the image files are placed.
                      2. Have file monitor trigger an event that runs an immediate script or batch file etc to copy (or rename) the image file to whatever filename/location pushover is looking for.
                      3. Trigger pushover to send the file.
                      -Wade

Comment

Working...
                      X