No announcement yet.

Here's something I miss from HS3 that's gone in HS4 - Hide the "floors" option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's something I miss from HS3 that's gone in HS4 - Hide the "floors" option

I don't have more than 1 floor in my house, and having it forced enabled gets to be a bit complicated for me. I originally used the "floor" setting for an icon so I'd have cute icons next to the room names, but then after a bit of setting that up I realized the default pulldown list of devices (in events) sorts by that first, so the rooms are grouped together but they're in the order of the icons, which doesn't make any sense for me.

So now I'm in the process of swapping the "floor & room" settings for all my devices. In other words, I went into the custom setup and changed the labels for "Location 1" to Icon and Location 2 to "Room", and now I'm updating all my devices to swap those fields around. I hope this fixes the pulldown problem in events.

Here's the feature in HS3 that I miss having (use location 2 is unchecked):

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-07-25_20h57_22.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1405950

So far it's getting a bit confusing for me because now I realize there are a LOT of devices in the pulldown shows for devices in events that are HIDDEN devices.

It appears the pulldown to select a device to control in an event doesn't always take into account whether it's hidden or not.

Still digging into this...

Comment

I posted this a week or so ago and I believe I opened a bug report - both unanswered.
      I don't need to see the floors either but I guess after 21 years we HAVE to see the floors now?

Comment

OK this worked and I have a workaround for the devices that shouldn't show up.

I went through all my devices and updated the room for anything I didn't want to use in the pulldown with a prefix of "ZZ-", effectively pushing them to the bottom of the pulldown list. I'd still like to know why they are showing up at all since they're marked hidden, but this will work in the meantime.

Note the emoticons I used for the "Location 1" label, which is "icon".

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-07-25_22h05_49.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1405957

Comment

Working...
        X