HSMobile communication issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSMobile communication issues

Off and on since installing HS4 the mobile app has had periods where the app can't communicate with HS. When navigating between the different tabs at the bottom (dash. devices, etc) it spins for a moment then displays the error "We are having a difficult time talking to HomeSeer..." clicking on the details brings up a lishgtly more verbose error stating:

Code:
    An unexpected error has occurred.
    Unexpected character encountered while parsing value T.Path ", line 0 position 0
    This happens via cell signal or local wifi. I am able to log into myhs in the app, but when it attempts to load anything from my system it throws that error. Restarting the server or HS service has no effect, it's seemingly random as to when this happens.

This behavior was not present in HS3, the only communication issues I had prior to this was the myhs outage last month. Thoughts?

I am also having this problem. Has anyone found a answer?

Comment

Bump, anyone find out what the answer is? Connect via LOCAL (at home) WiFi, no issues. Via 4G/5G I get this every time.

Comment

This suddenly started happening to me when I'm logged in locally after a PW change. Any info?

Comment

Originally posted by DeanS View Post
          This suddenly started happening to me when I'm logged in locally after a PW change. Any info?
          Which account did you update the password on?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Do you mean which local login? I was under the impression that I have one HS account using my full name in my email address as the login name. I was attempting to change the login name on the account this week to take my identifying information out of it but HS support gave me the run around and didn't allow it. This is preventing my progress. MyHS allowed me to create another user that I though I could transition to by deleting the original user but I was told that the new user is only capable of a local login.

Comment

The bottom line is your HS4 local email address login/password has to match your myHS account email/password and this should work. You can choose any email account you want so if you do not want to be identified get a new email address and put in a support ticket to have your existing account deleted and you can recreate your myHS account with this new email address. You will also have to update your HS4 account to match.

Comment

Support refused to change the address saying I was trying to transfer ownership of the account which I know is against the terms of use for the software agreement. Yes, I may sell my house with the equipment installed at some point and at that time I will transfer ownership but in the mean time I wish to remove the obvious identity connection. I've wasted a lot of time with theses guys and if I do another ticket it feels like they will just get me frustrated again and I'm sorry to say that my fuse is short. I actually sent Rick Tinker a message about this because I remember him being very helpful to me in the past and found out he is long gone from support. I remember you also and will take your advice as an Admin. Thanks

Comment

If you send in your request to change your login from the new login email they should remove your account so you can recreate it as you desire. Otherwise anyone could request an account they do not own to be removed.

Comment

Thanks. I didn't think to send support an email from the email address I wish to use for the new account. I did however create a support ticket asking to change the login name to the new address and got this response.
                    Yes we can do this but we need the originating email account to be that to which you want to switch.
                    I have a specific address I'm trying to change it to and I think they just refused to use it right there. I sent the address to them. Why would I want to use another address which is an old account?

Comment

Working...
                    X