No announcement yet.

HS4 and Z-Wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait what? So if I DOWNGRADE versions to the UPGRADE version (because that's how HST rolls) it supports S2?

Are you sure, the S2 code is (currently) processor dependant so there would need to be separate ARM and Intel versions of the Z-Wave plugin - unless Rich nailed that, but I'm pretty sure he's hoping that to be solved in the series 700 plugin in about a year...

What the actual?!? When I make a sarcastic remark or joke it is moderated/deleted.
    But you specifically go out of your way to label multiple HS4 issues that cause data loss/crash of HS4 to be "grumbles".
    I can't even begin to put into words how offensive this is.

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post
      Are you sure, the S2 code is (currently) processor dependant so there would need to be separate ARM and Intel versions of the Z-Wave plugin - unless Rich nailed that, but I'm pretty sure he's hoping that to be solved in the series 700 plugin in about a year...
      Not sure at all, and now that you remind me of that, more doubtful. Seems more likely scenario is that the 3.0.2.0 numbering was a f***up, breaking the stated convention.

Comment

... Although the 3.0.2.0 installer archive does contain the file "s2crypto32.dll", so perhaps ... ?

Comment

Interesting.... will have a play tonight. Though wouldn't be necessary if HST could properly document and version these things

What the actual?!? When I make a sarcastic remark or joke it is moderated/deleted.
          But you specifically go out of your way to label multiple HS4 issues that cause data loss/crash of HS4 to be "grumbles".

Comment

My Z-Wave 3.0.2.0 bin folder...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Z-Wave 3.0.2.0 Files.PNG
Views:	95
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1406498

Comment

I can confirm upgrading from 3.0.2.261 to 3.0.2.4 (as stupid as that sounds) breaks S2.

S0 however continues to work fine. I only have a single S2 device so I might exclude and re-include it later tonight so that it gets added as S0.

I'd rather not include that device securely at all but, Z-Wave being the bag of inconsistent hurt that it is, the device includes faulty as non-secure and different faulty as secure but the latter faulty is better than the first faulty.

Comment

Working...
              X