HS4 and Z-Wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 and Z-Wave

What Z-Wave Plug-in should I be using for HS4?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

3.0.2.0 installed with my HS4 upgrade; there's been some inquiries here about a 4.x version but nothing concrete. Why do you ask?

Comment

I believe 3.0.2.4 is latest one..

Comment

I am using version 3.0.2.0. I was expecting to see one designed for HS4. I am asking because my system became unresponsive last night. When I restarted it, the Z-Wave plugin was consuming 40% CPU. I had to restart HS4 again to resolve that issue.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I would not expect one anytime soon.. They are still trying to keep up with plentiful HS4 bugs.

Comment

No speculation necessary, the official response is here, read through the thread.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...308-z-wave-hs4

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
              No speculation necessary, the official response is here, read through the thread.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...308-z-wave-hs4

Thank you.

Comment

I still don't see an answer to the question, of those available which is best and why?

Comment

Windows:
                  or BETA 3.0.2.4

Linux:
                  BETA 3.0.2.4
                  Linux S2 Support ARM processor (for ARM processor/OS i.e Raspberry)
                  Linux S2 Support X86 processor (for x86 processor/OS)

I'm running 3.0.2.0 under Debian 10 which is x64...
                  HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
                  Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
                  Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                  Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
                  Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
                  Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
                  Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
                    Windows:
                    or BETA 3.0.2.4

Linux:
                    BETA 3.0.2.4
                    Linux S2 Support ARM processor (for ARM processor/OS i.e Raspberry)
                    Linux S2 Support X86 processor (for x86 processor/OS)

I'm running 3.0.2.0 under Debian 10 which is x64...
                    I have seen the suggestion that 3.0.2.0 is newer than 3.0.2.4!
                    However - out of those two, are there any pros or cons to help make the decision?

Comment

That is equally confusing as it was said that 3.0.2.0 was really equivalent to 3.0.3.0, so does that mean that 3.0.2.4 is really 3.0.3.4?
                      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                      Home Assistant 2024.3
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

FWIW, I had 3.0.2.4 installed and everything seemed normal until I attempted to move some devices between networks. Exclusion worked but the inclusion process did not - security negotiation failures and many other, unseen before, errors.
                        Reverted to 3.0.2.0, and all devices connected immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post

I have seen the suggestion that 3.0.2.0 is newer than 3.0.2.4!
                          3.0.2.4 is the newest; the date of the upload is 01 Jul 2020 16:28:56 GMT. 3.0.2.0 is 23 Dec 2019 21:23:05 GMT

You're probably thinking of 3.0.2.261 which is indeed older, 08 Apr 2019 14:15:50 GMT

Uncertain if this statement is still true. If so, it may hint at a reasoning for the convoluted numbering. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an explanation though.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                            You're probably thinking of 3.0.2.261 which is indeed older, 08 Apr 2019 14:15:50 GMT
                            That is the S2 version so if you have secure devices then that's the one...

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post

That is the S2 version so if you have secure devices then that's the one...
                              Indeed. Per rjh statement from the link I posted,
                              Any Z-Wave plugin with the version 3.0.2.X has S2 support.
                              If that's accurate (stop laughing), 3.0.2.0 etc. should support S2 as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X