No announcement yet.

HS4 Alexa Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had trouble with mine back in March and HST had to reset something on their backend in my account.

Comment

I had this exact same issue on a new HS4 install. You have to go into each and every device and check the "Voice Command Enabled" checkbox.

Once I did that Alexa/Google home could find those devices that were checked. I never needed to do this with HS3

Comment

Originally posted by Smartdave View Post
        I had this exact same issue on a new HS4 install. You have to go into each and every device and check the "Voice Command Enabled" checkbox. Once I did that Alexa/Google home could find those devices that were checked. I never needed to do this with HS3
        Thanks for the reminder but I had done that. As I stated, my issue was at https://myhs.homeseer.com.
        Here is my email transcript with support on April 15th:

I set up a new box with Debian 10 and copied over my HS3 folder from Debian 9 machine and all ok. I over-layed it with the HS4 linux distro. Started the new installation with ./go. Browsed to the new site and was taken to the register page. It accepted my upgrade license and my HS3 Pro license but the two steps following that never completed. HS4 showed licensed though and MyHS worked. However, Alexa failed to access the devices it already knew. I removed the Alexa skills (I had both enabled) and re-added and the account connection seemed ok but Alexa still could not access anything through MyHS. Deleted everything from Alexa (HS Skills, devices, groups) but discovery failed to find anything. After reaching out to you guys, I continued researching, reading, reviewing, thinking. So, I created a new MyHS account with my work email for my new license, activated it from my work email and successfully signed in to MyHS. It did not auto create the account in HS4 so I manually added it. Then I re-did Alexa (around midnight last night!) and discovery then worked. So, bottom line is, I am up and running and Alexa is now working but you may want to review the HS4 register process with regards to Alexa/ Google/IFTTT and perhaps the auto-create MyHS account option in HS4. I also want to try switching MyHS back to my personal email address for sign-in…
        It looks like Peiloy had covered the Voice Command Enabled checkbox...

Originally posted by Peiloy View Post
        Hi,
        I upgraded to HS4 and reconnected my Alexa service. I also ensured that the correct license for HS4 is entered into myhs. When I run discovery, all of my devices that I had configured previously on HS3 show up and I can control them. I cannot add new devices from HS4 though. I go to the device and check voice control. This saves, but the discover part of Alexa does not show the device. I have tried with and without device setting the voice command. Has anyone else had this issue?

Comment

Working...
        X