HS4 Startup as Administrator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Startup as Administrator

I use Startup Delayer to auto start homeseer when my PC restarts. How do I get it to start HS4 as Administrator?

Thanks
    Jim

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
    I use Startup Delayer to auto start homeseer when my PC restarts. How do I get it to start HS4 as Administrator?

Thanks
    Jim
    Open Startup delayer and right-click on the HS4 application in the Startup item column.

Select Application properties. On the Launch Details tab, there is another set of tabs below. Select advanced. Tick 'Launch with highest privileges'.
    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

Open Startup delayer and right-click on the HS4 application in the Startup item column.

Select Application properties. On the Launch Details tab, there is another set of tabs below. Select advanced. Tick 'Launch with highest privileges'.
      Thanks jon00 Actually I did do that. I did it again and sure enough I missed it. 🤦‍♂️

Thanks again
      Jim

Comment

Jumping on this thread. I just moved my setup to a new Windows 10 server. Have been using startup delayer for years. Now it is giving me all sorts of issues like:

Unable to launch UAC elevated. UAC Prompt was cancelled.

I am logged in under an administrator account, I have turned off UAC, I have told Startup Delayer to launch with highest privileges. Yet I still get these errors. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comment

I think I might have figured it out. You have to run the Configure Startup Delayer in Admin mode, otherwise the settings you make, including setting highest privileges, do not seem to work. This appears to be working for me - so if this is true - hopefully will help anyone else that runs into this.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm really frustrated right now, trying to get the same thing working.

How can software that costs $600 and is expected to run all the time not have instructions for this that are easy-to-find and actually work?!?

Comment

Originally posted by dwoolridge View Post
              Sorry, but I'm really frustrated right now, trying to get the same thing working.

How can software that costs $600 and is expected to run all the time not have instructions for this that are easy-to-find and actually work?!?
              You mean like this:
              https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...HS4+on+Windows
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Yes, but try it verbatim and see if it works. In my case there was something missing, that I happened to find in an old HS3 video.

Comment

Originally posted by dwoolridge View Post
                  Rupp,

Yes, but try it verbatim and see if it works. In my case there was something missing, that I happened to find in an old HS3 video.
                  Ok, what's missing so we can update this article?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-25 115027.png
Views:	608
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1451393

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-25 115245.png
Views:	596
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1451394

Comment

I have to chime in here and add my nod to the frustration with HS... aside from the clunkiest UI I've ever seen (I've designed UI for a living), the number of issues that can only be solved by "Google searching" or searching this forum is incredible. If it were not for the community this product would be useless for anything expect the mobile phone generation. I picked HS 10 years ago for the technology agnostic capability (which has only gotten better and better), the graphics interface (which has gotten worse and worse) and the programmability using scripts (which was difficult to figure out at time even for an experienced programmer mainly because the documentation is SO bad)... well, it is what it is and I'm stuck with it now I suppose (lots and lots of $$$ invested at this point).

My biggest frustration these days is the frequent need to restart HS4 (on a Windows 10 machine) because things just mysteriously stop working.

To make my comments relevant to this thread: I was able to get the autostart to work using the documented solution (https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...HS4+on+Windows) ONLY when :

- I added the start path to the task (without quotes) - THANK YOU baudi!
                      - I turned off UAC on the machine
                      - removed the HS4 icon from the startup folder (seems like I was trying to start it the old fashioned way and forgot about that when I created the task)

Hope that helps someone!

Comment

You should try the latest version of HS4 if you are on Windows as they just introduced running HS4 as a service.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                          You should try the latest version of HS4 if you are on Windows as they just introduced running HS4 as a service.
                          You mean latest BETA https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HSPI/HS4+Beta+4.2.7.0

Comment

Slow question, "HS4 as a service" for the lay people what does this mean, and what are the Pro's/Con's between current Installation vs Service installation?
                            Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                            Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                            HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Originally posted by MNB View Post
                              Slow question, "HS4 as a service" for the lay people what does this mean, and what are the Pro's/Con's between current Installation vs Service installation?
                              It's much better to run the software which needs to run always (like HS) as a service - so Windows takes control of starting and restarting the service.

You don't see the service as app in task manger, but in control panel services applet

The cons of services is that service can't interact with user, i.e. display messages. So if you are using plugins which require OAuth pop-up (i.e. AKGoogleCalendar) - it won't work.

But once you run HS as normal app and go through OAuth process - then you can convert HS to service.

Name:	2021-12-04.png
Views:	335
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1511886

Comment

Working...
                              X