Child devices not always showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child devices not always showing

I have some zwave devices where there is a root device (marked as hidden), and for example 1 child device which is the actual on/off switch for a light (not hidden). These appeared fine in HS3, but in HS4 the entire device doesn't show and I can't get to controls for the light. The automation is working fine still. Is there some combination of hidden items to get just the actual switch to appear that I'm missing?

On checking, my plug-in modules are OK, but all the light switches in the entire house have done this. Some of them which only have a single switch built-in are showing controls on the root device (but not the child device which previously appeared).

Has anyone else had this, or is it a bug I should raise? Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1 showing root device only.png
Views:	452
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1406303Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2 showing feature.png
Views:	444
Size:	282.1 KB
ID:	1406305
    Attached Files

I believe the child device HS chooses to display is not yet under our control so you will have to unhide the root and live with their choice...and file an enhancement request - the more they get the more likely they are to act...
    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
    Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
    Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
    Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
    Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
    Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

If that's the case its a bug as the functionality has gone backwards. For some of these devices there's a second switch which isn't used and fit some it is only showing the root device and doesn't even show the child devices.

This is annoying for the modules which show the child/feature devices, but for most of them with more than one child it is simply showing the root device with no option at all to see the child devices or any controls at all, so basically, I've lost the ability to control 80% of the lights in the house. I was hoping I'd just missed a flag somewhere. They show up the same way in HS Mobile.

Comment

If you view via the old HS3 style page what do you see?
        (Just change http://192.168.1.103:8080/devices.html to http://192.168.1.103:8080/deviceutility)
        HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
        Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
        Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
        Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
        Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
        Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
        Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

It looks fine in that view. Didn't know I could do that. Obviously doesn't help with the main interface or HS Mobile, but at least that's a workaround. Thanks!

Comment

I think I'm experiencing something similar?
            On my insteon keypad devices, I only see the button that controls the load in events, I am unable control other buttons on the keypad via an event as they do not show up, as they do in HS3

Comment

Old thread, but I am experiencing the same issue with my Insteon Leak Sensors that came over from HS3. The Wet/Dry device is displayed, but the (child) Heartbeat device is not. I do see both if I view my Devices at the old page x.x.x.x/deviceutility. I will also add a bug report.

Comment

I have this issue also with one Aeon labs plug module, I see the child devices under Status/Graphics and with the search function.
                But not in the device list (HS4 devices.html)
                Is there a way to fix this, without exclude the root device?

Comment

Working...
                X