Edit device status graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit device status graphic

Wanted to change to a custom on/off graphic like I could in HS3 for a light switch... there used to be a browse button where you could change the folder to find your graphic used for a particular status... Now I see a large dialog only with a large array of small images, but where's the browse button to go look elsewhere??

Are you referring to the status graphics page? If so HS didn't finish that part yet. You have to go to the legacy page which is at http://[IPAddress]/deviceutility

Comment

I found a work-around. Go to Plugiins > Z-Wave > Node Information. Find the node or device you want to edit the graphics for. Click on the devices Full Name. This will take you to the legacy HS3 style device configuration page. Then click the "Status Graphics" tab. Click on "Edit" for the grahic item you want to change and all the folders with the images & icons will come up. You can also type in the string in the graphic path column.
      Then when you click "Done" it will return you to the home page, but it will be the old HS3 style home page which is, in my opinion, so much easier to read and navigate. Click on anything from there though and you're back to the HS4 GUI.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Does anyone know of documentation or a tutorial to manage device status in HS4? I found one on YOUTUBE for HS3 that was 9 years old, and not helpful for what I'm trying to do. I've been figuring out the device status screens with pretty good success, but still don't understand the column, row and status configurations as it relates to how information appears on the DEVICE page when seen in Grid view. I'm sure there's some explanation / documentation somewhere that explains these features, but I can't find anything.

What I'm currently trying to do is display min and max temperatures via two variables shown below. Each variable has two features / status points that records the lowest and highest temperature being reported by sensors. It works fine, but I want to see the date and time of each feature rather than only seeing the Max at the bottom of each variable Device image. The last update date and time shows fine when clicking on the device name as shown in the second image, but is there a way to also show each on the device grid image as shown below.

On the device image screen the date and time of only the MAX temp is shown. I want to also place the date and time of the MIN temp just below the min temp feature.
          Is there a way to do this? Is there documentation I can read to learn how these device images work?
          Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	MINMAXIMAGE1.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1599799

Name:	MINMAXIMAGE2.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	1599800

Name:	MINMAXIMAGE3.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1599801

​​

Comment

Originally posted by lombarj View Post
            I found a work-around. Go to Plugiins > Z-Wave > Node Information. Find the node or device you want to edit the graphics for. Click on the devices Full Name. This will take you to the legacy HS3 style device configuration page. Then click the "Status Graphics" tab. Click on "Edit" for the grahic item you want to change and all the folders with the images & icons will come up. You can also type in the string in the graphic path column.
            Then when you click "Done" it will return you to the home page, but it will be the old HS3 style home page which is, in my opinion, so much easier to read and navigate. Click on anything from there though and you're back to the HS4 GUI.
            That only partially works. AFAIK, you will only have access to the folder "/images/HomeSeer/status/[filename]". Most folks, I suspect, have placed icons in different folders as many different icons have the same name. This was an undocumented change to HS4 and broke device icons (not found in the above directory) and thence devices in Designer and HSTouch. The only solution that I have found that actually works is Jon00's Status Graphics Editor, which will find all icons in HS4 and give you the ability to change to any icon found with minimal effort.
            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
            Home Assistant 2024.3
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.18,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.177,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.50.128.5,JowiHue 4.1.3.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.25.1,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by Airtog View Post
              Does anyone know of documentation or a tutorial to manage device status in HS4?

<snip>
              Try here: https://docs.homeseer.com/products/s...rid-list-views

[Aside]
              Kennett Square! Interesting place, especially if you like mushrooms! I recently discovered that my family went to the MM in Kennett and the MM in Newcastle. They lived on the border between the two colonies, when they first came to this country.!
              [/Aside]

HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
              Home Assistant 2024.3
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
              Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
              Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
              WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
              AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.18,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.177,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.50.128.5,JowiHue 4.1.3.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.25.1,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.0.3

Comment

Working...
              X