Is HS Looking At Bug Reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is HS Looking At Bug Reports?

I have submitted 8 bugs and 6 feature requests on https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2 They go back to May. So far I only received one response, i.e. that they don't handle WeatherXML (I asked for getting hourly forecasts back). All other bugs and feature requests are Waiting for Support. I know many are minor but there are some serious ones including HS4 crashing, losing all events, etc. Is somebody actually looking at all of this? Are your bug reports being addressed?

I opened one yesterday and got the canned 'we are working on it' response, so I know it was received.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

These things seems to go in waves as priorities change at HST. Last cycle ended a month ago when HS4 exited beta. The tide is out now, but HST is not on the same cycle as the moon.

Comment

Maybe everyone at HST said to hell with it and went on a long vacation 😂

Comment

I've been waiting a week for a response to my request for HS4 upgrade installation help. I have three HS3Pro licenses and none of them are accepted by the upgrade. Maybe it's a covid thing. Hope not.

Comment

In another thread just a couple of days ago macromark responded that the bug database was not his primary source of problem info. Humm... gotta wonder why.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ts#post1406093

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
              I have submitted 8 bugs and 6 feature requests on https://dev.homeseer.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2 They go back to May. So far I only received one response, i.e. that they don't handle WeatherXML (I asked for getting hourly forecasts back). All other bugs and feature requests are Waiting for Support. I know many are minor but there are some serious ones including HS4 crashing, losing all events, etc. Is somebody actually looking at all of this? Are your bug reports being addressed?
              In my case 17 of the 33 items reported items are resolved. I have to agree with Michael McSharry that this goes in waves.

---
              John

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
                In another thread just a couple of days ago macromark responded that the bug database was not his primary source of problem info. Humm... gotta wonder why.
                100% out of context.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The answer to the original question is yes.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                      100% out of context.
                      What was the context?

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post

What was the context?
                        I was asking the OP for specific issues that were affecting his use of HSTouch. If you want to full context and the actual things written, you can get that from the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

I was asking the OP for specific issues that were affecting his use of HSTouch. If you want to full context and the actual things written, you can get that from the thread.
                          Thanks, I have to agree with you here.

Comment

We just posted a build with some bug fixes. We are working through them but some fires last week kept us from working on too many. Should be more fixed in the next build. If you want a bug fixed just to have it fixed then it's not that important. If you have a bug that is causing your system to not run properly, then go to your bug and escalate it. We are working on bugs that keep you from using your system properly. If we did not have a pandemic going on we would add some resources, but that cannot happen in this environment so we are doing our best!

Latest release now supports Node-Red, many have been asking us for that. Trying to get new features in there as well as bug fixes.

Comment

It would be "nice to have" CHECK UPDATE working in the Linux version!
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Linux Check Update.PNG Views:	0 Size:	11.7 KB ID:	1408885
                              HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
                              Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
                              Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                              Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
                              Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
                              Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
                              Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Working...
                              X