Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to install HS4 alongside HS3 using two different Z-wave sticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to install HS4 alongside HS3 using two different Z-wave sticks?

I have decided to skip upgrade and install HS4 from scratch including building up my Z-wave network again. Though, I won't have the time to re-pair all of my devices and setup the logic all at once so I would like to run HS4 alongside HS3 until my new setup is done. I don't have two computers so I need both versions to run on the same machine in parallel.

Will this work? I will use a separate Z-wave stick for HS4 and change the http port for the GUI.

I would guess no. Plugins communicate via port 10400, and only server will be able to bind to that. Same for port 10200 and HSTouch.

Comment

As zwolfpack states, you cannot run both HS3 and HS4 together at the same time due to the reasons he gives. You can however install HS3 & HS4 on the same PC and run one or the other. You can use this to work on HS4 and copy events etc across at your own speed.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
        I would guess no. Plugins communicate via port 10400, and only server will be able to bind to that. Same for port 10200 and HSTouch.
        Technically speaking, any version of Windows or Linux can support multiple IP addresses in the same subnet with unique bindings of ports, so networking alone isn't the limiting factor.

That said, I don't think you could connect the same primary Z-wave network to 2 different services at the same time even if you used 2 Z-wave hardware interfaces.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for your input, guys. So it sounds like if I want both versions to co-exist "live" I need to get a spare PC and run HS4 on that one to build my new environment.

Is it easy to move the installation from one system to the other? Just copy the HS4 folder?

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
            Thanks for your input, guys. So it sounds like if I want both versions to co-exist "live" I need to get a spare PC and run HS4 on that one to build my new environment.

Is it easy to move the installation from one system to the other? Just copy the HS4 folder?

That's what I did, I setup HS4 on my main PC and left HS3 on a smaller PC. When ready, I shutdown HS4 and copied all the directories to a flash drive. Then on the smaller machine I stopped HS3, copied it to a separate USB stick. Then copied HS4 from the first stick. All went well.

Comment

Working...
            X