Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nodered interaction with Homeseer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Nodered interaction with Homeseer

    https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...ntrib-homeseer

    HST is the maintainer

    #2
    Neat!

    But only for HS4???

    Comment


      #3
      All looking good. I use it elsewhere and was looking forward to its arrival in HST. More good news.

      Comment


        #4
        wow, you were quick to find it! I uploaded it this morning.
        the webhook stuff will only be in the next version of HS4 (4.1.3), so you need to wait for this version to be able to test the device updates.
        it's a first version and my first experience with Node-RED and Node,js code, so there may be some enhancements/fixes to do. You can post your issues or pull requests on github: https://github.com/HomeSeer/node-red-contrib-homeseer

        Comment


          #5
          Looking forward to testing it for you after the next upgrade.

          Comment


            #6
            Great addition !

            The palette only shows ways for triggering events or device actions. Currently not possible to have a flow triggered when a HS device changes state or an event is exceuted/triggered ?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
              The palette only shows ways for triggering events or device actions. Currently not possible to have a flow triggered when a HS device changes state or an event is exceuted/triggered ?
              HS device changes are sent through the output of the "HS Device" node, see HS Device section in the project home page: https://github.com/HomeSeer/node-red-contrib-homeseer.
              So yes you can trigger a flow based on a device value or status change.


              But HS events can only be triggered for now.

              Comment


                #8
                Wow!

                Another good reason to staying awake!


                Eman.
                TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

                Comment


                  #9
                  One more thing left is supported Docker containers of HSTouch or HomeSeer Pleaseeeeeee?



                  Eman.
                  TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by spud View Post

                    HS device changes are sent through the output of the "HS Device" node, see HS Device section in the project home page: https://github.com/HomeSeer/node-red-contrib-homeseer.
                    So yes you can trigger a flow based on a device value or status change.


                    But HS events can only be triggered for now.
                    Man,
                    You don't know what you have done right there ! Give yourself " a pat on the back" and plenty kudos from this end!

                    Just add this Node : https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...ntrib-bigtimer and let the magic begin!


                    Eman.
                    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

                    Comment


                      #11


                      Originally posted by spud View Post

                      HS device changes are sent through the output of the "HS Device" node, see HS Device section in the project home page: https://github.com/HomeSeer/node-red-contrib-homeseer.
                      So yes you can trigger a flow based on a device value or status change.
                      .
                      Can't find that in the docs. Also the screenshot (with the 2 nodes with an input and output) suggest it is only for modifying a device/feature, and not triggering on a state change. Or did I miss something?

                      Great work Spud, nice to see HS finally being available. This will open up a lot of possibilities!



                      Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by kriz83 View Post



                        Can't find that in the docs. Also the screenshot (with the 2 nodes with an input and output) suggest it is only for modifying a device/feature, and not triggering on a state change. Or did I miss something?

                        Great work Spud, nice to see HS finally being available. This will open up a lot of possibilities!
                        the part of the doc I'm referring to is:

                        Every time the device value or status changes in HomeSeer the node will send to its output a message containing the new state of the device in msg.payload

                        { payload: { ref: 1234, value: 1, status: 'On' } }
                        I will add a screenshot of a HS Device node used to trigger a flow

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I would like an HSTouch dashboard...................................well, just being greedy!


                          Eman.
                          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by spud View Post
                            wow, you were quick to find it! I uploaded it this morning.
                            the webhook stuff will only be in the next version of HS4 (4.1.3), so you need to wait for this version to be able to test the device updates.
                            it's a first version and my first experience with Node-RED and Node,js code, so there may be some enhancements/fixes to do. You can post your issues or pull requests on github: https://github.com/HomeSeer/node-red-contrib-homeseer
                            You don't have to answer or keep your cards to your chest but I the luck there is of a Location plugin (PHLocation not supported anymore), Are we going to see another MyHS addition similar to this ? : https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...b-webhookrelay

                            It's all right there......................Node-RED is addictive



                            Eman.
                            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

                            Comment


                              #15
                              This is amazing, but for a really old guy that has NO experience with Node-RED, this is truly an attempt to drink from a firehose - a large one, at that.

                              So, I have a few simple-ish questions created from trying to understand what Node-RED is and how it works.

                              1) It appears that functions use javascript - is there a visual programming environment?

                              2) Would the "Node-RED Dashboard" dashboards work under HSTouch and Designer?

                              3) Is it possible to wire between plugins?

                              3.1) Will Alexa be a node? Can we get her to speak?

                              4) How difficult will this concept and javascript programming be, to master?


                              I can't figure out whether I should be jumping around like a crazy man because I just found the holy grail or whether I've just been given the tools used to program the computer onboard the Starship Enterprise (NCC-1701-K).
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
                              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station

                              Enabled Plug-Ins:
                              2.1.0.119: AmbientWeather | 3.0.21.0: BLLock | 2.0.24.0: BLUPS | 1.3.6.0: Device History | 3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger | 3.1.0.7: MeiHarmonyHub | 3.0.6681.34300: UltraCID3 | 3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3 | 3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3 | 3.0.0.91: weatherXML | 3.0.1.245: Z-Wave | 3.0.51: HS Touch Designer | 3.0.0.40 Z-Seer+

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X