Really Annoying Thing Happening...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really Annoying Thing Happening...

So, this has been going on for a while and being that I can usually suss these things for myself I've not asked but I've reached a breaking point with this one.

Basically, seemingly at random, my hallway lights switch off all by themselves and al I can see in the log is this message:

"Event Trigger "Delayed Actions MCO2 Bt1 Hall Lights (Delayed Action)"

I cannot locate a delayed action, anywhere.

I've tried and tried for months to track this down so the question is really simple, how the blazes do I find out what's doing this?

K.

Originally posted by kwatt View Post
    Check out Jon00's Event Viewer...it will allow you to perform a global search of all your events in order to find the delayed action.

Comment

you can also sort by 'referencing device' search for 'Hall Lights' and you'll see all events for that device.

Excuse the HS3 example I've not yet upgraded to HS4

Click image for larger version

Name:	ref device.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1407616
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
        you can also sort by 'referencing device' search for 'Hall Lights' and you'll see all events for that device.

Excuse the HS3 example I've not yet upgraded to HS4
        I don't think HS4 has that feature.

Comment

There is a way to access HS3 webpages from HS4, but you may not need to do so since search appears to be universal.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...23#post1403723
          HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
          Number of Devices: 1005
          Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

The HS4 search box will return a list of all devces and events matching the search criteria. That should help you find it.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kwatt View Post
              So, this has been going on for a while and being that I can usually suss these things for myself I've not asked but I've reached a breaking point with this one.

Basically, seemingly at random, my hallway lights switch off all by themselves and al I can see in the log is this message:

"Event Trigger "Delayed Actions MCO2 Bt1 Hall Lights (Delayed Action)"

I've tried and tried for months to track this down so the question is really simple, how the blazes do I find out what's doing this?

K.
              kwatt

A delayed action is removed by HS once it has executed. You probably have an event that is triggering an action "after waiting xx hours/minutes/seconds". Indeed the search action described earlier is what you could do. And if you find many events using the MCO2 Bt1 Hall Lights, focus on the ones that have this delay option?

Wim
              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Brilliant, thanks guys that should help me track it down as it's been driving me nuts.

K.

Comment

If those methods don’t work I’d call Ghost Busters!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comment

Working...
                  X