Web Server Stopped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Server Stopped

I restarted HS4 but it can't start anymore. It worked just fine before. Rebooting the computer doesn't help either. Any input is appreciated.

7/31/2020 8:01:48 PM HomeSeer~!~Warning~!~Error starting web server, port in use? Are you running a web server on the designated port? Edit settings.ini in the Config folder and change gWebSvrPort=## to a different port #. The requested address is not valid in its context
    7/31/2020 8:01:48 PM HomeSeer~!~Warning~!~Web Server Stopped

The error message is saying that the port you have HomeSeer configured to use (usually port 80) is in use by another program. You are probably running Windows so my guess would be that Windows has started up a web server and stolen port 80. But this is just a guess based on limited info.

Comment

Never mind. I used to have my computer on static IP but changed it to dynamic and instead added an address reservation on my router. After I run into the silly 32 entry limit I removed my computer from the address reservation but forgot to set it on static IP again. Why it would change the IP when I restarted HS4 is strange. Or maybe it was a different issue when I restarted HS4 and rebooting the computer changed the IP (makes much more sense). Anyways, it works again.

Comment

Working...
      X