X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

external Connection to the web interface & Homeseer mobile issues

Hello HS4 users,

i moved from hs3 to hs4 and all seems to work fine but i face 2 problems:

1) i can't connect anymore to the web interface from the wan any more, i have the right port direction in the router, the right IP, but is just doesn't work,whilst on the lan it works fine going directly to the IP and port. I struggle to find old menus where i could enable https, allow external access, i only see in setup network, the possibility to choose the port. do you know here this is now in the menu ?

2) HStouch still works fine, but i can't get Homeseer mobile to work in a direct IP connection. it almost doesn't start: as as soon as push login, i get "the system is not responding, please check your connection and try again", it feels HS mobile doesn't even go out my iphone.

does those challenges ring a bell, anything you could share on good practices to help my journey ?

Many thanks !
    Phil

I had the same issues at first. Then I realized that the default passwords I had used for HS Mobile (admin among others) don't exist in HS4 anymore. So I had to change the log in for HS Mobile and poof... it work... I wasn't getting you "check connection" but nothing found anywhere... just blank pages

Comment

Thanks Ecetron, could you point me where the details for HS mobile login are to be entered in the setup ? i can't find so far, or is is just the normal users' menu ?
      Many thanks

Comment

Yes... the users for the HS Mobile login are the same as in the users section. I had left the default 'admin' account from HS3 in my HS Mobile ... so i reset it to what I entered in the Users section of HS4...

Comment

Hello Ecetron, i juts realised that hsmobile port is actally not the HStouch port, but the web port of the web client !!! it works !
          Maybe a last question, where do we choose to have an https connection to HS4 ?
          Many thanks !
          Phil

Comment

i don't see it anymore .. might have to do with the complexity of adding a proper security certificate

Comment

Working...
            X