Clear All

Immediate script command errors

Running the latest HS4 version
    • Using an event to run a script or command
    • Enter the command in the Sub or Func box
    • Select immediate command.

The command I'm running is a http get:
    Code:
    &hs.GetURL("xxx:xxx@192.168.99.45","/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInMode[0].Config[0]=1",TRUE,80)
    I did test that command under the tools -> enter script command and it runs fine. However running the same command with an event generates an error of

Code:
    Running script(1) &hs.GetURL("xxx:xxx@192.168.99.45","/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInMode[0].Config[0]=1",TRUE,80)
    ("hs.GetURL("http://xxx:xxx@192.168.99.45/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInMode[0].Config[0]=1",TRUE,80)"),
    init error: Expected ')'
    I've tried a few permutations to fix the syntax error but can't seem to get it right? Any Ideas?

Try removing the leading & in the script.

Comment

HS will add it back in for you when you save the event

Comment

Try removing the leading & in the script, not the immediate command.

Comment

I'm sorry, what script? I was simply entering the command in the "sub or func" box?

Comment

Sorry. The error message said "running script" so I thought you were running a script.

Comment

I've seen this somewhere before but don't recall where...

Are you running on Windows or Linux?

Comment

Its running under windows ... When I searched I did find a beta issue about running a script command from an event did not see a resolution so I think its maybe an ongoing bug.

Comment

I fired up HS 4.1.2.0 on my Raspberry Pi and am unable to replicate your error. My immediate script is

Code:
                  &hs.GetURL("xxx:xxx@192.168.1.118","/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VideoInMode[0].Config[0]=1",TRUE,8000)
                  and the request makes it to the server.

Note though that the leading "xxx:xxx@" is ignored by hs.getURL. To make that work you'll need instead to use hs.URLAction and build the Authorization: Basic header. Here is an example script I posted at some point.

Code:
                  Sub Main(param As String)
                      Const Debug As Boolean = False
                      Const logName As String = "relay"

'=== adjust as required ====
                      Const addr As String = "192.168.1.118:8000"
                      Const user As String = "admin"
                      Const pass As String = "12345678"
                      '====

' default action is "on" - enter value in 'Parameters' field to override this
                      Dim action As String = "on"
                      If param <> "" Then action = param

Dim auth As String = user & ":" & pass
                      Dim autha As Byte() = System.Text.ASCIIEncoding.ASCII.GetBytes(auth)
                      Dim headers As String = "Authorization: Basic " & System.Convert.ToBase64String(autha)
                      Dim url As String = "http://" & addr & "/relay_en.cgi?saida1" & action & "=" & action

Dim s = hs.URLAction(url, "GET", "", headers)
                      If Debug Then hs.WriteLog(logName, s)

End Sub

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                    Note though that the leading "xxx:xxx@" is ignored by hs.getURL. To make that work you'll need instead to use hs.URLAction and build the Authorization: Basic header. Here is an example script I posted at some point.
                    That's not my experience. hs.geturl definitely honors the
                    Code:
                    "user:password@"
                    notation.

Comment

Thanks ... Strange it worked for you as running on *nix via the Sub/Func command of an Event. As indicated in my OP the command runs fine from the "tools" run script command so I know the syntax was correct. Just when used in the event as a simple command its tosses the extra ) error.

I gave up on using the simple Func call and created a .vb script to run instead and that appears to be running fine. I did not pull out the auth to a separate header and it ran but if it gives me any problems I'll use your Auth header solution. Really appreciate you taking the time to post that.

Comment

Originally posted by baudi View Post

That's not my experience. hs.geturl definitely honors the
                        Code:
                        "user:password@"
                        notation.
                        Good to know, thanks. In my test setup, the "bare bonz" web server doesn't require authentication. I guess if the server were to return the 401 auth required response code, hs.getURL will provide the auth header then.

Comment

Working...
                        X