How are you using the categories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you using the categories?

I just stood up a clean HS4 on linux. Going to start to migrate devices over to linux.
    Now that we have categories as an option has this change the way you organize your devices?
    I wanted to see what other are doing before i start to add my devices.

Thanks
    Mike

Whether it's a zigbee sensor, z-wave device, virtual device, etc. I put all the same purpose in the same category. So the zigbee temp sensor in the attic, the Qubino switch, are all category "ATTIC" I use capital letters so I know it's a Category when filtering.

It's the equivalent of checking sensors, lights, etc if you use those as rooms or floors. At least that's how I see it and use it.

Comment

You can mix and match inside of categories since a device can be assigned to more than one category.
      i.e I have Window Blinds for all of my blinds. For 4-in-1 sensors they all have the Sensor category but each also has their own type of sensor category: Motion, Temperature, Humidity, Luminance and Battery. I use Loc2 for Technology: Z-Wave, Zigbee, Virtual, Plug-In, etc. and Loc1 for Room: Kitchen, Living Room, Equipment Closet, House Status, Pushover 3P, etc.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Category.PNG Views:	0 Size:	31.0 KB ID:	1408866Click image for larger version  Name:	room.PNG Views:	0 Size:	12.6 KB ID:	1408868Click image for larger version

Name:	Technology.PNG
Views:	273
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	1408872
      There are just so many possibilities that it can be mind boggling. I've changed things around a number of times...
      It all depends on how you want to see things and figure out the easiest way to achieve that without breaking or cluttering other views you might want.
      HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
      Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
      Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
      Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
      Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
      Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
      Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Be careful with Bulk Edit! It can sometimes remember tick boxes from before!
        I try and remember to select All then clear the select All and then select the ones I want to do a new bulk edit on...
        HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
        Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
        Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
        Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
        Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
        Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
        Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Working...
        X