HS4 and IP Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 and IP Cameras

Where is the information on connecting ip cameras to HS4. They are all IP cameras and I use Security Monitor Pro as the recorder, but I would like to trigger snapshots on events. I never got it to work with HS3 so I am hoping.

Thanks.

Natively HS4 supports recording; minimum time is 10 sec. The Netcam plugin will need to be installed to allow for snapshots.

If you do want to record; shortest duration is 10 sec
    For recording make sure you have Settings --> Cameras --> Camera recording, Save Recordings Locally or Upload Recordings to MyHS checked
    if uploading recordings to the cloud you'll have to have MyHS checked
    The Settings --> Cameras page is also where you can manually add your cameras for recording purposes
    The event name is Record from a Camera

For snapshots install the netcam plugin
    Cameras are added from Plugins --> NetCam Plugin --> Add Camera
    for the URL you'll need to know your cameras snapshot url
    For me this is: http://user:YourPassword@cameras IP address/cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi
    You can now create a snapshot event, Action is Control a Device, Plugin NetCam CameraName Take picture device, Take picture
    after running your new event, you can view snapshots under the Plugins --> NetCam Plugin --> View Images page
    The snapshots are stored under: homeseer path\HomeSeer HS4\html\netcam\images
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Tried that. The live image shows nothing, the .jpg capture is just corrupted ande can't be opened.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rschein View Post
        Tried that. The live image shows nothing, the .jpg capture is just corrupted ande can't be opened.
        Hey I didn't spot the snapshot option in the included homeseer cam setup! learn something new every day.

You'll need to find the correct URL for your specific camera. Looks like you left out the @ between pw and your numeric IP, however that could just be when you deleted your PW for the post. Once you think you have the correct URL to use, test it in your web browser first, this will let you tinker with it to get it correct. The URL for a snapshot and a video stream will be different. Once you have the correct one sussed out you can input it into homeseer.

In case you're wondering what the correct URL is, you can usually find it in the camera's documentation; either the hard copy or from the manufactures website. I've also just googled the brand/model and found it on ipcamtalk or another similar site. You can sometimes get the URL from your NVR software, since I presume it's working, but it may not show you the full URL because it may have separate ip address, user, and password boxes and then create the correct URL when it contacts the camera; so your mileage may vary with that avenue.
        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
        Number of Devices: 1005
        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

My snap shots were corrupted also. When I tried to view the picture it said something about the format was not supported. Also when I added the camera using the URL the picture quality was horrible on the Live View page. The cameras automatically found had the better quality picture. I ended up removing the HS4 Netcam and installed HS3 Netcam. So far working fine. Also it appears currentimage.jpg is not used in HS4 netcam plugin.

Jim

Comment

Here same problems:
            • Autodiscover camera does not work
            • Cannot save the settings (manually added commands disappear e.g. snapshot-command and stream-command)
            • Cannot see snapshots in Camera Live
            • Do not see snapshots in Dir Homeseer/HTML/xxx

All Foscam cams. (H.264)
            HS 4 Pro 4.2.0.0
            also installed UltraNetcam3 (with event possible to make snapshots)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camera1.PNG
Views:	1474
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	1497168Click image for larger version

Name:	live.PNG
Views:	1490
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	1497167

Thanks for help

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Wiel, and others... Exactly the same problem here; can't connect to foscam cams either...is visible in browser and blue iris and onvif manager and everywhere....but not in HS4, latest version of HS4 : 4.2.6.0

so;

Here same problems:
              • Autodiscover camera does not work
              • Cannot save the settings (manually added commands disappear e.g. snapshot-command and stream-command)
              • Cannot see snapshots in Camera Live
              • Do not see snapshots in Dir Homeseer/HTML/xxx

Comment

Not detracting from the issue but as a workaround, you can use Blue Iris URL's in HS4 if you want.
                Jon

Comment

Working...
                X