Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running Node-Red, Homeseer, Home Assistant on a single machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Node-Red, Homeseer, Home Assistant on a single machine?

I'm running Homeseer on an old laptop i5 m560 cpu and 4gb of ram, installing node red on the same machine at the moment and debating on if I should throw Home Assistant on there as well or just drop HA in a separate PI or something.

Anyone doing this with a not so powerful system such as mine?

What would you use Home Assistant for? Wondering if you need to include it at all.

I have Node Red running on a Raspberry Pi 3b+ which is also running the Mosquitto MQTT broker so you have that option as well but if you can run it on the same system and are good with that then great!
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Mosquitto and HS4 has been working out ok on this laptop as of 5 minutes ago, i now have node red on there as well. I removed HA about a year ago but it seems to have matured a lot now with the new zigbee bridge from Sonoff working with HA, I just wanna muck around with it.

Comment

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
        Mosquitto and HS4 has been working out ok on this laptop as of 5 minutes ago, i now have node red on there as well. I removed HA about a year ago but it seems to have matured a lot now with the new zigbee bridge from Sonoff working with HA, I just wanna muck around with it.
        I deployed HA 2 months ago and yes, it is maturing nicely. Version 0.114 just came out of beta.
        It's on an HP ProDesk 600 G1 DM with OpenZWave, MQTT/Mosquitto, TasmoAdmin, Insteon, Zigbee, Alexa, etc. integrations;
        OpenZWave 1.6 is on RPi3B+ with RaZberry controller
        HS4 is on Lenovo ThinkCenter M3 using a Nortek HUSBZB-1.
        No Node-Red, yet...
        HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
        Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
        Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
        Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
        Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
        Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
        Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Yes , i'm doing this , Running homeseer on the main system and running HA in a VM on the same PC and node-red from inside HA ( addon ) , working perfectly since HA doesn't take much resources . i'm running all of this on an i7 built in processor ( which is not so powerful ) and it doesn't exceed 40% of usage .

Comment

FWIW, I'm running HS4 and NR on a Raspi (32GB SDC) with no problems.
            Had thought about adding HASS but not sure how more mature it is now?
            Last time I ran it was around the start of the year and found it a pain to set up.

Comment

This morning, I cloned the HDD and replaced it with a spare ssd I had floating around. It's at least 2x faster and so is hs4.

Spun up HassOS in virtual box and everything is surprisingly smooth. I have not had a chance to do much more with it. HASSOS took literally 5 minutes to get running which is very nice. Got a PI4 on its way, don't have any plans for it at the moment maybe I'll move HA and NR to it

Comment

I could not get HassOS to work/install for me using SD card so I ultimately stayed with my Debian 10 box. I was confused in the beginning by the plethora of installation options and the recent name change for components did not help. I ended up following this guide to install HA Supervised on Debian 10

Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
                Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS

Comment

Did you use etcher?

Comment

Yes. That's where it failed. I'm happy with the choice I made though to stay with Debian and have the full HA Supervised all in docker containers.

Comment

Here running Homeseer 3 "Lite", Home Assistant, Mosquitto Broker, Node Red (do not really use it much), Oracle Windows 7E VB on a Beelink BT3 Pro mini computer (TV box) with 4Gb of RAM, Gb NIC, WLAN and Bluetooth.

Concurrently here new box for HS4 is using a Skylake CPU with 32 Gb of RAM. Doing similiar but baby steps with it yet.

Primary lighting automation here is UPB, X10, Zigbee and ZWave on the OmniPro 2 panel and Homeseer. Just starting to tinker with WiFi switches modded with Tasmota and Espurna using MQTT to manage these for time bean.

Works great for me.

HS Speaker is running on the Windows 7e VB and mixing audio with one Amazon Echo Dot for the Russound system. Managing the Echo Devices here as media players using a Home Assistant plug in. Doing mostly MQTT on the HA instance these days. Just added a Ring Alarm to MQTT configuration for house #2. I have status reported to the local Amazon echos here and two of the Echos installed in House #2.

It is a bit overwhelming in number of devices for the OmniPro 2 panel and the Ring Alarm. It is working fine on the BeeLink BT 3 Pro. I also wiped the Windows 10 on the Beelink and replaced it with Ubuntu 18.04 and rather use the Windows VB for windows stuff on it.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                      X