No announcement yet.

CSS Hacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks rge - I'll have a look at that. I prefer not to use browser extensions unless necessary but I'll give that a try on my primary computer. Do you know if anyone has requested UI theming yet? If not, I'll put in an enhancement request just to get it on the books.

Ken
    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Dynamic number of columns in Grid view - based on window width

Code:
      /* Dynamic columns in grid view */
      @media (min-width: 2000px) {
        div.col-xl-3 {
          flex: 0 0 16.6666% !important;
        }
      }
      @media (min-width: 1700px) and (max-width: 1999px) {
        div.col-xl-3 {
          flex: 0 0 20% !important;
        }
      }

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
        dbrunt I submitted the same as you months ago during the early betas. As you did, I suggested moving the bulk edit up one section. Also, move the enable bulk edit icon next to the list icon instead of on the other side of the grid icon.

I got a response of we'll have a look at it. Great. Here I sit a few betas and two releases later with the same issue. Others have mentioned the same so you would think they would pay a bit more attention to it.
        I put in a request for the same thing (as a feature). I really wish we could see the feature requests and have the opportunity to vote for them. I think it would scale the number of tickets back a bit and help focus development toward improvements that users would most like to see.

Addendum: Thanks rge for posting your work

Comment

Originally posted by pcburcham View Post
          I put in a request for the same thing (as a feature). I really wish we could see the feature requests and have the opportunity to vote for them. I think it would scale the number of tickets back a bit and help focus development toward improvements that users would most like to see.
          Yes this. They must have so many duplicate bugs and similar feature requests, I can't see how they would ever get a manageable scope.

Comment

I have posted some hacks that
            • Add a SAVE button at the top of device filtering
              Click image for larger version

Name:	homeseer-gui-change-device-filtering.png
Views:	726
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1435872
            • Change the EVENT icon colors

Name:	homeseer-gui-change-event-icon-colors-after-1.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1435873Click image for larger version

Name:	homeseer-gui-change-event-icon-colors-after-2.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1435874
            • Change the disabled EVENT colors

Name:	homeseer-gui-change-event-colors-2.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1435871

https://www.domoticaworld.com/script...r-4-gui-hacks/

Enjoy!

Comment

I like the disable event hack. That should be sent to hst for an official change

Comment

DJF3 Speaking of colors and text, can you make filtered categories, rooms and floors show as different colors. It's really annoying to see a convoluted list and not be able to easily spot one or the other.

I solved part of this by making my categories all UPPER CASE. That leaves floors and rooms that confound the brain and eyes.

Thanks for your hacks!

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                  DJF3 Speaking of colors and text, can you make filtered categories, rooms and floors show as different colors. It's really annoying to see a convoluted list and not be able to easily spot one or the other.
                  Thanks for your hacks!
                  That's a good idea! Let me check.
                  Update: haven't found a way to change colors of the filtered names but will continue to investigate.

Comment

Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
                    I have posted some hacks that
                    • Add a SAVE button at the top of device filtering

Name:	homeseer-gui-change-device-filtering.png
Views:	726
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1435872
                    • Change the EVENT icon colors

Name:	homeseer-gui-change-event-icon-colors-after-1.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1435873Click image for larger version

Name:	homeseer-gui-change-event-icon-colors-after-2.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1435874
                    • Change the disabled EVENT colors

Name:	homeseer-gui-change-event-colors-2.jpg
Views:	758
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	1435871

https://www.domoticaworld.com/script...r-4-gui-hacks/

Enjoy!
                    Hi DJF3 is it possible that you latest "Hacks" not al work on HS3 version 4.2.5.0 ? I don't see the colored icons on events. And the broken event icon is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul32 View Post

Hi DJF3 is it possible that you latest "Hacks" not al work on HS3 version 4.2.5.0 ? I don't see the colored icons on events. And the broken event icon is gone.
                      Paul, that may be possible! I have not upgraded to 4.2.5, still running on 4.1.17.

Hope that I have some time to upgrade during the upcoming holidays.

Comment

Has anyone done any hacks on HS3? I am slowly moving to HS4 but have a lot of stuff in HS3. I was going to look into it but was wondering if anyone has done anything so far? Thanks.

Comment

Would it be possible to have the "floor" and "room" pop-ups in 1 window . It is now a lot of clicking-saving to select a floor-room.
                          1 pop up would make it so much faster.

Thanks,
                          Cornelis

Comment

This IS an awesome set of hacks that keeps getting overwritten or disabled due to changes in HS4. What would be the best way to make this a collection as opposed to having to step through messages? If they all get put in one place, I'll gladly try to help zip this into sections that are easily accessible.

Comment

Here we are at a new stage with the release of 4.2.12.8! These tweaks can now reside in a custom css that will not get overwritten by upgrades. At most you would have to re-select the custom css you want to use.

Comment

Finally. Does this mean a "Dark" theme is possible? Maybe some bigger fonts for my bad eyes?
                                "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Working...
                                X