Multiple devices confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple devices confusion

This has never worked for me even in HS3.
    As you can see my devices screen has multiple entries for everything!. Even the Z stick appears 6 times.

Anyone got an ideas what an earth is going on!!
    Z wave adding/managing appears to be a mess.

Attached Files

Have you tried any of the options under Plug-Ins, Z-Wave, Config?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plug-Ins Z-Zave Config.PNG
Views:	98
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	1412204

After that, I would delete all of the Z-Wave devices from HS, reboot and make sure they are gone and then:

Name:	Delete and import node info from controller.PNG
Views:	97
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1412205
    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
    Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
    Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
    Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
    Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
    Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
      Have you tried any of the options under Plug-Ins, Z-Wave, Config?

Name:	Plug-Ins Z-Zave Config.PNG
Views:	98
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	1412204

After that, I would delete all of the Z-Wave devices from HS, reboot and make sure they are gone and then:

Name:	Delete and import node info from controller.PNG
Views:	97
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	1412205
      No I haven’t tried those options as I wasn’t sure what I would loose ! . I originally did import the devices . I don’t really want to start from scratch ...

Comment

Deleting the HS4 devices does not Remove/Exclude the nodes on the controller. After they are deleted in HS4, Import them again from the controller. If they are messed up again then they are messed up on the controller and you will likely have to reset the controller to factory and start over re-adding them.

I just deleted one of my Z-Wave devices and Import Node Info from Controller added it back. I just have to update its Location 1 / Location 2 info.

Name:	Import node info from controller.PNG
Views:	129
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1412228

Name:	Node 17.PNG
Views:	86
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	1412229

I also just noticed I had two HS devices for my Nortek Z-Wave stick. I cleaned that up the same way...deleted both then imported from controller and now only have one.
        HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
        Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
        Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
        Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
        Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
        Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
        Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
          Deleting the HS4 devices does not Remove/Exclude the nodes on the controller. After they are deleted in HS4, Import them again from the controller. If they are messed up again then they are messed up on the controller and you will likely have to reset the controller to factory and start over re-adding them.

I just deleted one of my Z-Wave devices and Import Node Info from Controller added it back. I just have to update its Location 1 / Location 2 info.

Name:	Import node info from controller.PNG
Views:	129
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	1412228

Name:	Node 17.PNG
Views:	86
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	1412229

I also just noticed I had two HS devices for my Nortek Z-Wave stick. I cleaned that up the same way...deleted both then imported from controller and now only have one.
          Ok ! Will try !

Comment

Working...
          X