X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Weather Plugin or integration

Rupp
    Hello,
    I thought it would be a good idea to get it on the HS radar to make sure that there will be some kind of Weather integration into HS4. I'm hoping that at a minimum there will be a weather station plugin?

I use the weather data quite a bit for HVAC automation.
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

I certainly would like to see a weather plugin. There is WeatherXML but it's not by HS (which can be good and bad) and most importantly doesn't include hourly forecasts unless you subscribe to a service or have a weather station.

Comment

I also need a good reliable weather integration into HS4. Preferably one from HS themselves with Daily and Weekly Forecast.

Comment

Daily forecasts work well with the WeatherXML plugin and NOAA source. There isn't any free solution for hourly forecast anymore. There is openweathermap but it doesn't seem to work with WeatherXML.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
          Daily forecasts work well with the WeatherXML plugin and NOAA source. There isn't any free solution for hourly forecast anymore. There is openweathermap but it doesn't seem to work with WeatherXML.
          With CFGuy not updating the WeatherXML plugin any longer, it might be a good idea if rjh is made aware that a good integration of weather with HS4 should be looked into. Weather is a necessary element of home automation, not just to display on tablets but for HVAC automation as well.
          Plugin's:

Comment

Originally posted by The Profit View Post

With CFGuy not updating the WeatherXML plugin any longer, it might be a good idea if rjh is made aware that a good integration of weather with HS4 should be looked into. Weather is a necessary element of home automation, not just to display on tablets but for HVAC automation as well.
            As most of the weather services are now paid I imagine OpenWeather is the only solution unless you have your own weather station.

I’m using OpenWeather on another platform and it appears to be effective enough.

Another solution via Node Red would be possible now that HS4 and Node Red are talking to each via virtual sensors. Might be worth giving that route a try https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...openweathermap

Comment

concordseer I’ll look into the Node-Red option. Which Weather Station and plugin are the best ones to use with HS4 right now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Plugin's:

Comment

concordseer I’ll look into the Node-Red option. Which Weather Station and plugin are the best ones to use with HS4 right now?

I’m not using weather in HS4 at present. I’m just looking at options while Rich and the team come up with an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

I’m not using weather in HS4 at present. I’m just looking at options while Rich and the team come up with an alternative.
                  So Rich is actively looking into a solution already? Or are we just hoping they are looking into one?

Plugin's:

Comment

So Rich is actively looking into a solution already? Or are we just hoping they are looking into one?

That’s something you’ll need to ask Rich and the team. I imagine if there’s enough demand it will be addressed in due course.

Comment

We have an API that uses openweathermap, which is free. We use it for HSTouch only though. Its a JSON API so I don't see why you could not use it with HS if you wanted to. Node-red could handle parsing the JSON.
                      πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        We have an API that uses openweathermap, which is free. We use it for HSTouch only though. Its a JSON API so I don't see why you could not use it with HS if you wanted to. Node-red could handle parsing the JSON.
                        If we manually created all the devices associated with weather, are we going to get controls on the devices? Will we be able to create devices without controls soon?
                        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Are you referring to the plugin SDK? I assume you can create devices without controls now.

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

If we manually created all the devices associated with weather, are we going to get controls on the devices? Will we be able to create devices without controls soon?
                          πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            Are you referring to the plugin SDK? I assume you can create devices without controls now.

No, just creating a virtual device manually results in controls being on the device. I do understand the SDK approach, it would just be easier to create virtual devices manually.
                            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

You can create a virtual device and then remove the controls from the status/graphics page. Is this a bit of work because you need to create many? We could add another virtual device that was status only, but then how do you set the status?

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

No, just creating a virtual device manually results in controls being on the device. I do understand the SDK approach, it would just be easier to create virtual devices manually.

Comment

Working...
                              X