HS4 slow...... very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 slow...... very slow

I upgraded to HS4 today, and am shocked a bit.....

When I go to Plugins and then select a plugin, I can no longer directly click another option, I need to click on "home"..... Clicking on "home" then takes roughly 15 seconds to return me where I was.... ehhh ROFL?? Why the requirement to click home first, what was wrong with the old setup...... This take longer even without this 15 second wait.

What happened to the snappy GUI as stated "HS4 includes a a much improved GUI"..... and improved...that is debatable, looks very messy all these humongous squares.. I used to see all devices on one page, now I need to scroll and scroll and scroll and scroll ..

What setup do you have? System, number of devices etc?

For me I'd say it's about the same level of performance, certainly opening the home page takes < 1 second.

Comment

Linux mint 20
      118 devices

Even when selecting to show devices under a certain room, it takes an awful lot of time to update... under HS3 I didn't have these issues....
      I also notice something is wrong with the device page..... under HS3 I would have selected all floors and categories and then only select 1 room to see just those devices....... under HS4 doing the same shows me nothing. It seems I need to de-select all??
      when on list view it shows 6 devices and i am able to open and close all 3 curtains (3 open/close and 3 battery). Then I switch to grid view, and it just shows 3 devices, 2 of them I can click on controls and open the curtain. The third one does not have this option.......... looks like HS4 needs some work stil as really this whole thing is bugged it seems....?

Comment

To the best of my knowledge HS3 didn't have categories - so if you haven't set any on your devices, selecting any category will show nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by darkjamzi
          when on list view it shows 6 devices and i am able to open and close all 3 curtains (3 open/close and 3 battery). Then I switch to grid view, and it just shows 3 devices, 2 of them I can click on controls and open the curtain. The third one does not have this option.......... looks like HS4 needs some work stil as really this whole thing is bugged it seems....?
          Yes it sounds like you need to roll back to HS3 if it's too slow and missing devices. What is the protocol of the curtains?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by darkjamzi
            Yes the grid view decision on what controls to show for parent/child devices is basically useless. You can click the little icons at the top of the device box to get all controls.

Comment

Originally posted by rge View Post
              To the best of my knowledge HS3 didn't have categories - so if you haven't set any on your devices, selecting any category will show nothing.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	hs3.PNG
Views:	615
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1412486

Comment

Category and Room in your example are just Location1 and Location2 for HS3. The default names were "Floor" and "Room" you just changed the name to "Category" which is supported in setup.

Comment

Ok the device thing is sorted..... it actually does show devices...... but like th rest, it takes 15 seconds to show them....

I'll install from fresh
                  I made a back-up, instead of upgrade I'll do a fresh install...... maybe that makes a difference...

Comment

Originally posted by darkjamzi View Post
                    Ok the device thing is sorted..... it actually does show devices...... but like th rest, it takes 15 seconds to show them....

I'll install from fresh
                    I made a back-up, instead of upgrade I'll do a fresh install...... maybe that makes a difference...
                    Did the fresh install have any results? I have the same issue overhere. Running Ubuntu.

Comment

I get the same thing from time to time. I am now in the habit of running the Linux command top or htop and checking the CPU time. My issue presents itself when the CPU time is more than 100%. If I were you that would be the first thing to check. BTW - htop, at least on my machine needed an apt install as it wasn't part of the base Linux (Debian 9) install.

It seems I have one plugin occasionally causing the CPU to peg. If I disable the plugin and restart HS the CPU speed comes down to normal. Then I re-enable the plugin and check the CPU time again. I am about to install a utility from Jon00 that will disable and re-enable the plugin in the middle of the night to see if I get full-time relief.

This may not be your exact problem. But checking the process table for a pegged CPU with top or htop is a good first step.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
                        I get the same thing from time to time. I am now in the habit of running the Linux command top or htop and checking the CPU time. My issue presents itself when the CPU time is more than 100%. If I were you that would be the first thing to check. BTW - htop, at least on my machine needed an apt install as it wasn't part of the base Linux (Debian 9) install.

It seems I have one plugin occasionally causing the CPU to peg. If I disable the plugin and restart HS the CPU speed comes down to normal. Then I re-enable the plugin and check the CPU time again. I am about to install a utility from Jon00 that will disable and re-enable the plugin in the middle of the night to see if I get full-time relief.

This may not be your exact problem. But checking the process table for a pegged CPU with top or htop is a good first step.
                        Hi,

I checked already the cpu time with HTOP. The load average is around 3 and its a 12CPU system so this shouldnt be any problem. But i will try disable some plugins to check.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wallee View Post

Hi,

I checked already the cpu time with HTOP. The load average is around 3 and its a 12CPU system so this shouldnt be any problem. But i will try disable some plugins to check.
                          Thanks.
                          Memory usage?

Comment

Just to add my 2 cents, My HS4 is crazy slow when looking for the events page. 30 seconds or more which is an eternity when sitting at a screen.
                            I reverted back to HS3 and things move much more quickly. Now, I'm missing some things (HS4 plug-ins and events) in HS3 so will try to flip back.
                            I'll disable some plug-ins one-by-one to see if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Pnord View Post
                              Just to add my 2 cents, My HS4 is crazy slow when looking for the events page. 30 seconds or more which is an eternity when sitting at a screen.
                              I reverted back to HS3 and things move much more quickly. Now, I'm missing some things (HS4 plug-ins and events) in HS3 so will try to flip back.
                              I'll disable some plug-ins one-by-one to see if it helps.
                              Also try viewing the log. Curious if you get some very long delay as I do with the log.

Comment

Working...
                              X