TTS then resume stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS then resume stream

My wife uses our Google home speaker to listen to several radio stations. I would like to setup an event and or script that would announce when someone has pulled in the drive and then continue the stream she had been listening to. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples about how to accomplish that?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I think Speech takes priority. At least it does with the Tasker plugin but I may be wrong because this is what Android does. But your best bet is to try the BLSpeech plugin, It's designed to do tricks!

Video may be old but may still apply : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3RqlHq8chA

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Please report back if you find a way to do this. I'm also interested.

Comment

If I expand on this a bit, by the looks of things BLSpeech will cost more in hardware and the plugins because in order to do exactly mute/pause you must be playing the music over BLRoussound then maybe your devices like Sonos. But with the Tasker Plugin as the Speech proxy you have the main Android Tablet steaming the music but still make announcements.

What I have when a call comes in on my mobile = > Dial down (UltraPioneerAV3) the volume for the media on TV and the volume my desktop (Jon00RCC) then depending on what app is steaming is muted and the the Speech comes out. (It easy with Android)

But, But don't forget that some AVRs can do zones ( I have not tried before if they can be manipulated to do that ) Say if you have some ceiling speakers only speech as one of the zones.

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by lorenjz View Post
          My wife uses our Google home speaker to listen to several radio stations. I would like to setup an event and or script that would announce when someone has pulled in the drive and then continue the stream she had been listening to. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples about how to accomplish that?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
          There is another lengthy Tasker explanation and not with HomeSeer (But with the Tasker plugin if you try you can come up with something) but goes round trip to IFTTT. And another one is Node-RED (Ready to test if you already use Node-RED) : https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-cast Again,I have not tested this but with the new HoneSeer Nodes you cook up something.

TESTED : Node-RED nodes just as spud 's Chrome-cast Plugin not resuming previous media!

Or someone else can try but according to this :https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-castv2 actions applie to specific apps and in some cases control type but not TTS over (The current app is closed and can't reconnect ) Tested with Nvidia SHIELD

Another option in the bag is 3 years old but may still work.....................the ball is in you court

Eman.

Comment

Working...
          X