Cant use MimoLite device in events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant use MimoLite device in events?

I have a MimoLite that I am using to add automation to an Autoslide patio door opener. Device works fine, I was able to add it to homeseer (v4) and I can ask alexa to open my patio door. All great until I wanted to go a little deeper with automating the door. I want to create an event that fires when the door is opened, but I do not have the MimoLite or the 'Patio Door' binary switch availble as a Device under events. I tried working around this by possibly creating a virtual device and linking it to the binary switch on the MimoLite , but the MimoLite and Switch do not show up in the list of link devices for creating a virtual device either. What am I missing ?

I have a camera that point at my patio door. When the motion zone just in front of the patio door is triggered the camera sends a snapshot to a folder. I have an application that polls that folder and uses DeepStack to determine what triggered the camera. If its one of my dogs then I want to open the patio door and turn on the outside light for a few minutes (so the camera can see the dog at night when they come back to the door). Since I am unable to add the MimoLite in an HS4 event, I was able to trigger it sending a call in to the deviceID, but that doesn't really help with the patio light . If I have to I can update the application to make 2 calls into HS one to open the door and one to trigger the light, but it seems like I should be able to handle this with an event . Either a manually triggered event that I can call to open the door and turn on the light, or an event to turn on the light anytime the device value for the binary switch on the MimoLite changes (door opens). Should I be able to address the MimoLite from an event? If so what might be causing it to not show up?

The device is created as shown in the image:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mimolite.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1414978

Thanks!
    John

John,
    I know this is an old post and I'm sorry but i cannot help with your problem with the mimolite - i have never used that. Have you solved this?

But mainly, I am super curious what you think of the autoslide product? I am using a Wayzn for our sliding door and it just broke and they want $400 to fix it. Wayzn is great, but it doesn't have local control and I am considering switching to autoslide for that reason.

Is the autoslide still working well for you?

Thanks for any insight you can give. :-)

Graham

Comment

Graham,
      The Autoslide might be great for standard doors, but I had a rather unusual mounting location and had a difficult time with the tracks meshing up with the gears. With some 3dprinted parts I was able to get it working and it ran well for about a year and half , then the AS stopped working. I have not taken it apart , but I suspect the gears in the motor have worn due to the large double door (and probably additional load from not a perfect mount). Autostore support was hit or miss when I was trying to get this all working. The slide it self I would say is pretty good , the extra sensors and the the wall switches are crap plan on replacing them often.
      I am still looking for better solution. I thought about the Wayzn at one time but I think my doubledoors where too big for it.
      Good luck!
      John

Comment

Thanks - i went ahead and bought one - so far i like it a lot more than the wayzn - mainly because it can open the door all the way and I can get through it again, which wasn;t possible with the wayzn. I'm going to add 2 momentary switches so that I can open it all the way, or just to pet opening via voice command. Yeah - the wall switches seem awful - i really don't see using them much with voice command working. My dogs are having fun with the pet tags. not sure how long that's going to last before i revoke them. ;-)

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X