Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try running stop_homeseer.sh from the command line (doesn't require sudo)
    Code:
    /usr/local/HomeSeer/stop_homeseer.sh
    or
    Code:
    /usr/bin/stop_homeseer.sh
    If it works as it should, HS will shut down. Otherwise the output should help identify the problem.

PS. also make sure to either reboot or run the systemctl daemon-reload, in case the edits to the unit file aren't loaded.

Comment

homeseer:~$ /usr/bin/stop_homeseer.sh -bash: /usr/bin/stop_homeseer.sh: /bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Comment

Ahh, your file has MS-DOS style line endings (^M).

Fix
        Code:
        sudo dos2unix /usr/bin/stop_homeseer.sh
        or edit the file and delete the ^M at the end of each line.

Comment

Ha! That did it!
          Thanks a lot! Would've never even considered that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SteveW View Post
              Your installation directory may be in a different location than mine, so modify these commands as appropriate. Mine is installed in /usr/local/HomeSeer

Navigate to the directory above ../HomeSeer (e.g /usr/local)

Get the package: sudo wget https://homeseer.com/updates4/linux_4_2_7_0.tar.gz

Extract the package into the HomeSeer directory: sudo tar -xvf /usr/local/HomeSeer/linux_4_2_7_0.tar.gz
              Is it safe to assume that the service should be stopped before untarring the upgrade package & then restarted when complete?

Comment

Thank you to the many contributors in this thread! 🙏

Based on much of the information here I have published a Ubuntu/Debian installer package and a Docker Image & Repository for simplifying Homeseer (HS4) installation and management on Linux systems.

More details in the threads below:Thanks again for all the research and effort that has gone into making HS4 viable on Linux. I have been running HS4 in Linux for more than a year now and just wanted to share some of the tooling that I use in case its helpful for others.

Comment

My memory is getting fuzzy on the history, but I believe there was a bug (mistake) that broke the update function in the version you have. It was fixed in the new version, so this was just a one-time fluke. Future upgrades using the button will work fine.
                  I have just tried to update to 4.2.14.0 and the button does not work again. I am running HS4PRO on a RPi 4B. When I look in the HomeSeer folder, I see the file hs4_sel_4_2_14_0.tar.gz. Is that the windows version? Should the Linux version not be something like linux_4_2_14_0.tar.gz?

Comment

Originally posted by Mooose View Post

I have just tried to update to 4.2.14.0 and the button does not work again. I am running HS4PRO on a RPi 4B. When I look in the HomeSeer folder, I see the file hs4_sel-4-2-24-0.tar.gz. Is that the windows version? Should the Linux version not be something like linux_4_2_14_0.tar.gz?
                    Did you click the "Check Update" button first? I think it will go check for all release and beta versions.
                    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I have just tried to update to 4.2.14.0 and the button does not work again. I am running HS4PRO on a RPi 4B. When I look in the HomeSeer folder, I see the file hs4_sel-4-2-24-0.tar.gz. Is that the windows version? Should the Linux version not be something like linux_4_2_14_0.tar.gz?
                      I took a quick look at my HS4 Linux directories. I can't remember where the install tarball was stored in the past, but I can't find one now. I have no idea where you got that oddball version number. I'd just delete that file ("SEL" is Linux, not Windows), and do what rmasonjr suggests and refresh the update version list, and try again. It should offer you 4.2.14.0. And, yes, before somebody "corrects" me, I know that 4.2.14 is available via the link Rich posted: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...lease+4.2.14.0

BTW, I went to the Homeseer downloads page and clicked the button to download the Linux version, and it downloaded 4.2.13.0. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

Did you click the "Check Update" button first? I think it will go check for all release and beta versions.
                        I did but it made no difference. I just thought this was fixed by now.

Comment

I took a quick look at my HS4 Linux directories. I can't remember where the install tarball was stored in the past, but I can't find one now. I have no idea where you got that oddball version number. I'd just delete that file ("SEL" is Linux, not Windows), and do what rmasonjr suggests and refresh the update version list, and try again. It should offer you 4.2.14.0. And, yes, before somebody "corrects" me, I know that 4.2.14 is available via the link Rich posted: https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...lease+4.2.14.0

BTW, I went to the Homeseer downloads page and clicked the button to download the Linux version, and it downloaded 4.2.13.0. Sheesh.
                          Mine is in /usr/local/HomeSeer.

Comment

Mine is in /usr/local/HomeSeer.
                            Not in mine. I thought it used to leave a copy on the system, but it isn't now. Nevertheless, it does perform the upgrade.

Comment

Sorry. I am a poor typist. The file name is corrected above, but all the quotes have the error. The file is hs4_sel_4_2_14_0.tar.gz, no "24" in the name.

Comment

Well, I tried manually updating from the command line file hs4_sel_4_2_14_0.tar.gz and it seemed to work, but when I went back to the Setup page to check, the old version was still installed. So I installed the linux_4_2_14_0.tar.gz file using tar xvf and this time it worked.

Just to be clear, when I hit the Check Update button, Homeseer downloaded the hs4_sel_4_2_14_0.tar.gz file that did not work. I had to GET the linux file manually.

Comment

Working...
                                X