Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jez View Post

Hi there

I am now working with HS4 but the Meteor work just as well with HS3.
    You will need to know which port your Meteor is using.
    The script below will only write the raw data from the Meteor when a call is detected. As you are not in the UK I don't know what your data will look like so you will have to write your own script to handle it. I have an Access database with the names and phone numbers of people I know and my script will speak the name of the caller if it is known.

In startup.vb include:

Dim MeteorComPort as Integer = 7 'this is my Meteor port number
    hs.CloseComPort(MeteorComPort)
    hs.Waitsecs(2)
    hs.OpenComPortTerm(MeteorComPort, "1200,N,8,1",1, "CallBack.vb", "MeteorData",Chr(13))
    hs.WriteLog("Com Port Opened", "Com Port " & MeteorComPort & " Opened to the Meteor")

Create a script CallBack.vb as follows:

Public Sub MeteorData(data)
    hs.WriteLog("Meteor", "Raw Data from Meteor:" & data)
    If len(data) > 20 and data <> "OFF-LINE" and data <> "ON-LINE" then
    hs.WriteLog("Meteor", "Valid data received from Meteor:" & data)
    End if
    End Sub

In shutdown.vb include:

Dim MeteorComPort as Integer = 7 'this is my Meteor port number
    hs.CloseComPort(MeteorComPort)

I hope that is enough to get you started.

Jez

Hi Jez,

Thanks for the info. I will test it over the weekend.
    In any case the information you are looking for is also important to me, as the move to HS4 will end up being inevitable (as happened in hs1 and hs2)
    Antonio

Comment

Originally posted by ANTOLIVEIRA View Post

Hi Jez,

Thanks for the info. I will test it over the weekend.
      In any case the information you are looking for is also important to me, as the move to HS4 will end up being inevitable (as happened in hs1 and hs2)
      Antonio
      Good luck. The move to HS4 can be tricky but it is inevitable as you say and ultimately a good thing.
      Jez

Comment

Good luck. The move to HS4 can be tricky but it is inevitable as you say and ultimately a good thing.
        Jez
        Hi Jez,

My meteor is working! I had even almost forgotten how fantastic the meteor is...

I ended up making a simple script without using a database, because nowadays the use of landlines is more limited

a) Incoming calls: Announces the name by voice, records the name and number of the calling contact in an html file (to access the log remotely via HS), sends an email with the contact's name and number and updates the virtual device

b) Outgoing calls: record name and number in an html file and update virtual device

c) Use the landline telephone keypad as a command to trigger events by doing line in *nnn# line out

Hope someone can help solve the serial communication issue in HS4
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jez,

My meteor is working! I had even almost forgotten how fantastic the meteor is...

I ended up making a simple script without using a database, because nowadays the use of landlines is more limited

a) Incoming calls: Announces the name by voice, records the name and number of the calling contact in an html file (to access the log remotely via HS), sends an email with the contact's name and number and updates the virtual device

b) Outgoing calls: record name and number in an html file and update virtual device

c) Use the landline telephone keypad as a command to trigger events by doing line in *nnn# line out

Hope someone can help solve the serial communication issue in HS4
          Brilliant - well done. I really like to use old kit that still works and as you say, the Meteor is pretty fantastic.
          By the way, the problem with hs.OpenComPortTerm was fixed by the good folk at Homeseer quite a while ago.

Comment

Brilliant - well done. I really like to use old kit that still works and as you say, the Meteor is pretty fantastic.
            By the way, the problem with hs.OpenComPortTerm was fixed by the good folk at Homeseer quite a while ago.

Hi Jez,
            Thanks; I'm not a programmer ... In my last post I just attached the CallBack script in case you want to take a look.

Does that mean you've already got the meteor working on HS4?

Comment

Hi Jez,
              Thanks; I'm not a programmer ... In my last post I just attached the CallBack script in case you want to take a look.

Does that mean you've already got the meteor working on HS4?
              Yes, its all working in HS4 - no problems.

Comment

Working...
              X