Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 Pro - Windows 10 - Run As Service ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbfoster
    replied
    I setup my laptop to login into Windows 10 automatically. I don't remember how I did that. I also use Startup Delayer. If I remember right to get past the box that pops up starting HomeSeer there is a box you have to check under the Advanced Tab in Startup Delayer. See screenshot below. I can't remember if I changed anything in the UAC or what ever it's called.

Jim

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	1417919

Leave a comment:

• jmaddox
    replied
    I have win10 automatically log in at startup, I find that I have to delay the start of HS by 30 seconds to let windows finish it's window things. I had to lower UAC to it's lowest setting to shut it up. I too noticed the icon change, weird issue. If you can create a service for HS; it would probably be in high demand from the windows users, including myself.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    rge,

I do not use SC CREATE to do it on a server. There are other ways to do it.

I am not trying to create an argument. Also - without changing the UAC settings - the application does not start without interaction. I am prompted to ALLOW IT TO RUN.

I am also noticing that when I move the APPLICATION to my START MENU using the "PIN TO START" option -- the icon disappears and becomes a piece of paper. However when I add to TASKBAR it is correct. I am running under a LOCAL ACCOUNT on the laptop and it is a MEMBER of the LOCAL ADMIN GROUP.

Leave a comment:

• rge
    replied
    Originally posted by bearhntr View Post
    rge,

I will have to try this - but I am not sure that will work either. I know you can have SCHEDUELD TASKS "RUN AS" - but I will have to play with this as I am thinking that they will not start if a machine has booted and has not yet been logged in as a user.

The ultimate way to do this - as I do it on servers all the time - is a RUN AS SERVICE option.
    Task Scheduler works fine for any program that will run OK in that sort of environment (i.e. no UI requirements, or at least not requiring interaction), and it definitely will start before login as that's the whole point of that trigger!

I don't understand your last point - if you do it all the time, what's the problem? Just create the service (sc create ...) and bingo.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    rge,

I will have to try this - but I am not sure that will work either. I know you can have SCHEDUELD TASKS "RUN AS" - but I will have to play with this as I am thinking that they will not start if a machine has booted and has not yet been logged in as a user.

The ultimate way to do this - as I do it on servers all the time - is a RUN AS SERVICE option.

Leave a comment:

• rge
    replied
    Use the Task Scheduler - you can run it from there with a trigger of At Startup, and also put in some restart options etc.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic HS4 Pro - Windows 10 - Run As Service ???

HS4 Pro - Windows 10 - Run As Service ???

I am brand new to HS (in fact bought HS4 months ago, and only now getting around to installing and setting up) -- I am moving from SmartThings (the hub keeps going SENILE and forgetting how to work).

Has anyone in the Windows 10 world attempted to setup the HS4 software to RUN AS SERVICE? What this means is that if the computer is rebooted - the software loads and runs without a user having logged in. I looked all over the place in the HS4 setup pages and I do not see this as a setting.

I have put into the STARTUP folder in Windows 10 - and this works GREAT - once a user logs in. But until a user is logged in - it does not run. This really should be a feature of the software. I am running the SW on a laptop with a brand new battery - which helps to keep the system up and running in the event of power loss. But, if the power should go off long enough to drain the battery, or a system update happens and reboots the laptop (yes, I know I can prevent this in the UPDATES settings). I am just saying that the application shoud have the ability to RUN AS SERVICE,

Any insight is helpful.
Working...
X