Smart watch interface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart watch interface?

As the discussion about a preferred interface on desktop and mobile is far from settled, just occurred to me to throw more fuel to the fire and see if anybody found a suitable app to control devices from a smart watch. I have a Galaxy Watch running Tizen, and the closest I found is some IFTTT widgets.

Sub

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, IFTTT is not an option unless you want to spend $120 a year (their new pricing structure).

I use Tasker on my Android phone to send commands to Homeseer. I build my own watch faces on my Wear watch (a Ticwatch) using the Watchmaker app. I have "hotspots" on the watch face that will cause commands to be sent to Tasker (and then onto Homeseer). There is a version of Watchmaker that runs in Tizen, I believe. I also have a watch app called Autowear, but I am not aware of a version of it that runs on Tizen.

Comment

Homebridge

Comment

Well, I sort of know someone that is working on a great iOS based HS app on the iPhone and iPad . I'm in beta test for it now and it's really slick! If like most programmers, he programs for food, I might be able to talk him into doing an Apple Watch extension for food! ROFL

Now that the app is working, it's rather simple to just add a Watch Extension object to the project, do up the Storyboard and connect it to the already existing iOS controllers.

But, I think we need to wait until the iPhone one is polished up. Putting too much fuel into the fire generally caused unwanted events!

Comment

George,
            sounds VERY INTERESTING

Comment

George,
              I have it on good authority that its not food.. but 10 year old bottles of Henry McKenna Single Barrel Bourbon gets his attention..

Comment

Originally posted by lakehawk View Post
                George,
                I have it on good authority that its not food.. but 10 year old bottles of Henry McKenna Single Barrel Bourbon gets his attention..
                Humm, could be arraigned!

Comment

As the discussion about a preferred interface on desktop and mobile is far from settled, just occurred to me to throw more fuel to the fire and see if anybody found a suitable app to control devices from a smart watch. I have a Galaxy Watch running Tizen, and the closest I found is some IFTTT widgets.
                  Also have smartwatch (Galaxy & pebble) and use webhooks to trigger things through IFTTT (e.g. trhrough app on Galaxy watch called 'triggers'). But will follow this thread with more attention now that IFTTT anounced their new pricing policy

Comment

To add, although it's not much of an interface, Wyze has a watch - called the Wyze band that interfaces with their app on your phone. The watch has an Alexa button and you literally speak to the watch like it was an Alexa device and it performs the command.
                    Very Dick Tracy like but maybe not what you're after if you're looking for a full-on look-at-your-watch app.
                    Dan-O
                    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

Originally posted by backkri View Post

Also have smartwatch (Galaxy & pebble) and use webhooks to trigger things through IFTTT (e.g. trhrough app on Galaxy watch called 'triggers'). But will follow this thread with more attention now that IFTTT anounced their new pricing policy
                      Still rockin the pebble!? How’s that?

Comment

Homebridge with IOS and one of the apps. Siri controls all now

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                          Well, I sort of know someone that is working on a great iOS based HS app on the iPhone and iPad . I'm in beta test for it now and it's really slick! If like most programmers, he programs for food, I might be able to talk him into doing an Apple Watch extension for food! ROFL

Now that the app is working, it's rather simple to just add a Watch Extension object to the project, do up the Storyboard and connect it to the already existing iOS controllers.

But, I think we need to wait until the iPhone one is polished up. Putting too much fuel into the fire generally caused unwanted events!
                          Any more detail or a link for the beta?

Comment

Twill let the dev PM you if he needs more testers.
                            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post

Still rockin the pebble!? How’s that?
                              I use the pebble steel when e.g. working in the garden, find it less fragile than the Galaxy watch (but less fancy). See all my notifications, can trigger HS events, ... Everything I need :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X