Temperature Never Changes in Grid View for TBZ48

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature Never Changes in Grid View for TBZ48

I have a TBZ48 thermostat that seems to work fine but the temp in the center of the grid view never changes, See pic. Anyone seen this? Also I have set parameter 23 to 8319. TIA

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	174
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1419477

Ok, I got the value to change by polling the thermostat every minute. This is a band aide but it is not what we should have to do. Anyone know of a fix or is this something the staff will have to fix?

Comment

Some Z-Wave devices just do not report their values when they should and need to be polled. My iblinds for example. I'm not familiar with your device but a thermostat or any temperature device for that matter should report when the temperature changes and that report interval should be at least every 1 degree or should be configurable.

Can you disable your periodic polling and test if it's just a browser refresh issue? I had a similar scenario when I was updating my iblinds via &hs.setValueByRef...the page did not update but a refresh of the browser window showed the new value was in fact in place.

Also, is your device battery powered or mains powered? If it's battery powered, you may want to check with GoControl on how frequently it reports in when battery powered.

What is parameter 23 used for?
      HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
      Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
      Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
      Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
      Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
      Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
      Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

I took away the polling. Will refresh browser when I see the Thermostat change. It is on a C wire from the furnace. Parameter 23 is an autosend setting. Hard to explain but here is a link. Not sure I even know what it does, all I know is we needed it back when. https://products.z-wavealliance.org/...s/2370/configs

EDIT: Refreshing the browser does not change the value in grid view or list view.

Comment

Name:	image_93592.png
Views:	120
Size:	373.9 KB
ID:	1419527 I also have a TBZ48 and parameter 23 also = 8319. I don't know if that was out-of-the-box or if I set it in some long-forgotten moment; it isn't in my notes. I am seeing the temperature change in the web UI using Edge Chromium and in HS Mobile. Are you seeing temperature changes in the log?

Comment

I don't see anything you show in the log. I filtered the log to the thermostat and see nothing about temperature changing. I don't see where there was a change in the temperature as in it starts at 76 and goes down to 75. I am using firefox so not sure if that is it. I will try the new edge.

Don't mean to add to the situation but why is there a time that makes no since. The thermostat just shut off and It is 11:09 PM. Where does that time come from?

Views:	155
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1419545

Comment

"8319" = 0010000001111111 so "Autosend Enable": is...
              1 ON 1 TEMPERATURE (CC_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL)
              1 ON 2 SETPOINT H (CC_THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT)
              1 ON 4 SETPOINT C (CC_THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT)
              1 ON 8 MODE (CC_THERMOSTAT_MODE)
              1 ON 16 FANMODE (CC_ THERMOSTAT_FAN_MODE)
              1 ON 32 FANSTATE (CC_THERMOSTAT_FAN_STATE)
              1 ON 64 OPERATING STATE (CC_THERMOSTAT_OPERATING STATE)
              0 off 128 SCHEDENABLE (CC_CONFIGURATION #38)
              0 off 256 SETBACK (CC_ CONFIGURATION #40)
              0 off 512 RUNHOLD (CC_CONFIGURATION #39)
              0 off 1024 DISPLAYLOCK (CC_CONFIGURATION #24)
              0 off 2048 <unused>
              0 off 4096 <unused>
              1 ON 8192 BATTERY 6 (CC_BATTERY)
              0 off 16384 MECH STATUS (CC_CONFIGURATION # 21)
              0 off 32768 SCP STATUS (CC_CONFIGURATION # 22)

Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
              Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
                Don't mean to add to the situation but why is there a time that makes no since. The thermostat just shut off and It is 11:09 PM. Where does that time come from?

Views:	155
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1419545
                The time appears to come from the thermostat's internal clock! See pg 15 at https://www.gocontrol.com/manuals/GC-TBZ48-Install.pdf

Comment

dbrunt Thanks for all the info. It helps to understand what it all means. Now for the latest! This is not in the manual that I could see but at the very bottom of the thermostat screen in the middle is the word AWAY. Not sure what or where that came from but there seems no way to get rid of it or change it!

EDIT: Went farther into the setup for the thermostat and found you can do a system reset to factory settings. After doing this the AWAY is now gone. All is well for now. Went back through all the other settings to make sure they are correct.

Comment

Try sending 0 to parameter 40 and see if the "Away" changes ?? 0 = No Setback mode, 2 = Setback mode
                    (sending 2 to parameter 40 should set the "Away" mode)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	0 Size:	62.8 KB ID:	1419609

Comment

Miamijerry Thanks for the info. I had already done the reset when I saw your post.

Comment

Congratulations, Miamijerry - glad you got if fixed!

Comment

Working...
                        X