• Show
Clear All

Isn't that to much logging? hs4 5.1.7

**Can someone edit the title to 4.1.7 ? ? Sorry**
    ——-

I am using systemd logs
    Code:
    journalctl -u HomeSeer.service -b
    Everything in systemd log is written to the hdd or else... Isn't that to much logging for a raspberry pi sd card?

I guess this is comming from node red. But it was not logging like that in 4.1.4.

thanks
    Attached Files

Is Node Red running. If it is stop and restart it. Judging by the volume of messages in your log it looks like HS4 cannot connect to your Node Red server. Have you got the correct address defined for your instance of Node Red in HS4.

Comment

I think it was a problem with how I did setup telnet communication via node red. Not sure need to test more.

Edit: it was definitely an issue with telnet.

Comment

Is Node Red a mono application?

If you have multiple mono apps that are started via systemd, you can differentiate the syslog entries by adding a directive like this to the unit file [Service] section
        Code:
        SyslogIdentifier=HomeSeer HS3
        or HS4 if so encumbered. With this the provided identifier with appear in the log entry instead of 'mono'.

If I was running these in production, my preference would be to disable outputs to syslog in cases where it's logged elsewhere like HomeSeer is. To disable, add this directive to the unit file's [Service] section
        Code:
        StandardOutput=null
        By default, output from systemd services are written to both syslog (/var/log/syslog) and daemon log (/var/log/daemon.log). Once I left my test system running with the Z-Wave controller disconnected. Next day, root partition was filled up ...

Comment

Thanks for your advices zwolfpack . They are much appreciated

Comment

how do you know it is related to Node-Red? Did you try to remove the webhook in HS settings to see if the logging stopped?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              how do you know it is related to Node-Red? Did you try to remove the webhook in HS settings to see if the logging stopped?
              Something I posted back in August but according to Rich subsequent release fixed that issue https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...k-availability

Comment

The log lines in the screenshots from don't seem related to Node-Red, they seem to relate to the device page posting back to HS to get updates.

Comment

Node red was only an hypothesis, because that is the only thing I thought that would need ‘’real time’’ update.

I reverted back to 4.1.4. And no more issues.I didn’t tried to remove the webhook etc.

Yes, reading the log again, it makes more sences that this would come from the devices pages like you said . Right now on 4.1.4 I have no log issues with
                  Code:
                   journalctl -u HomeSeer.service -b --since "2 hours ago"
                  and my devices page is open. I guess something broke between 4.1.4 and 4.1.7.

I know rjh changed things related to loggin in the past builds... ( 4.1.6)

Comment

Working...
                  X