Aeotec TriSensor LUX Update Frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeotec TriSensor LUX Update Frequency

Hi All. I'm trying to make sense of what triggers this LUX sensor to update. It installed fine but i've noticed it can go a fairly long while before it reports a change in LUX (e.g. an hour).

If i'm understanding it correctly, it wakes up when the change in light reaches some threshold and reports to Homeseer. What I don't understand is how to interpret what this threshold value means and ultimately how to change it using Homeseer such that it is more sensitive in reporting changes in LUX. Appreciate any guidance!

Trisensor documentation

Click image for larger version  Name:	TCcOn8NvgI.png Views:	0 Size:	28.6 KB ID:	1421767

Date/time=9/25/2020 8:21:20 AM PDT
    Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.7.0 (Linux)
    MyHS Subscription=Basic
    MyHS Subscription Backup Interval=No Backup
    MyHS Subscription Max Cameras=1
    Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
    Uptime=0 Days 23 Hours 23 Minutes 7 Seconds
    Device Count=197
    Event Count=47
    Last Event Ran=Motion Sensing : Staircase Timer Expires, Ran at 9/25/2020 8:00:03 AM
    # of unique event scripts=0
    Plugins Enabled=Pushover 3P:,Ecobee:,Z-Wave:,PHLocation2:,mcsShelly:,weatherXML:
    Modules/Threads=110 Modules, 58 Threads
    Available Threads=399
    HomeSeer Memory Used=114 Mbytes
    Plugins Installed=Ecobee 3.0.0.33,mcsShelly 5.3.0.4,PHLocation2 3.0.0.63,Pushover 3P 0.0.0.48,weatherXML 3.0.1.19,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0

Parameter 24 'default' report time is 3600 seconds (i.e. one hour). If you want is to report eg. every 5 mins then make the value 300. I have a AEOTec MultiSensor 6 that reports every 15 seconds (because I use to to control lights), however it is USB powered. I am not sure what effect you will have on battery if you reported at that sort of interval!

I think the value of 100 in parameter 22 means that it the value of 100 Lux is exceeded it will issue an auto report (though that is just a guess).

To change the values you will need to go to the ZWave tab on the HS device (parent level) for the sensor. You will see a 'settings' expandable option where you can configure the parameter number. To contact a battery operated sensor you will need to wake it first (usually by holding down the reset button for a few seconds). The sensor manual will tell you how.

Comment

Originally posted by JSC View Post
      To change the values you will need to go to the ZWave tab on the HS device (parent level) for the sensor. You will see a 'settings' expandable option where you can configure the parameter number. To contact a battery operated sensor you will need to wake it first (usually by holding down the reset button for a few seconds). The sensor manual will tell you how.
      awesome thank-you. That worked perfectly.

Originally posted by JSC View Post
      I think the value of 100 in parameter 22 means that it the value of 100 Lux is exceeded it will issue an auto report (though that is just a guess).
      I got a response from Aeotec and this is what the engineer told me on Lux threshold in case anyone else runs across this thread. Very useful. In my case I ultimately adjusted the LUX threshold from 100 to 5 to make it more sensitive to reporting changes in LUX in my family room. That might be too aggressive but so far it's working and i plan to adjust it up if it turns out it's reporting too frequently or is to sensitive.

​Light threshold sets the amount of change before light values should be reported.

If you use value 100, then a +/- 100 lux value from the last previous report must have happened before a report happens with the sensor. This threshold setting checks for internal changes every 4 minutes to determine if it should report a new light report change. (This is similar to how the temperature threshold settings work as well).

​So for example:
      • Previous light report was 500 LUX
      • ​TriSensor will check every 4 minutes to see if +/- 100 LUX has happened internally from the last reported setting.
      • ​TriSensor based on the 100 lux threshold setting will only report if:
        • If LUX = 600 or more
        • if LUX = 400 or less
      This setting does not takes into account of the automatic timed interval, you can have both threshold and timed intervals set to report when time has passed a certain amount of time, or when threshold has passed after 4 minutes after the last threshold check.

Comment

Working...
      X