Random Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Shutdown

Every now and then HS4 will shut down. In the log it says Request from UI to shutdown. Any idea why HS4 does this? In the mean time I was thinking of making a event to email me and calling that event from the Shutdown script or is there a way to have the script send a email?

Thanks
    Jim

HS4 decided to shut down on it's own again. This happens every week or two. I wish HST would fix this.

Jim

Comment

While I haven't migrated to HS4 yet, do you have HSSentry (Software system monitor) enabled? Perhaps disble it as a test for a while.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Actually, check if you have HSSentry enabled. I believe by default it is disabled. Go to Settings - General Settings - Other Settings. It is strange that your HS4 is shutting down, though. Is it just HS shutting down or is your computer system shutting down and as a consequence HS4 is shutting down?

Comment

Originally posted by jbfoster View Post
          HS4 decided to shut down on it's own again. This happens every week or two. I wish HST would fix this.

Jim
          Is this a Windows or Linux based system. If you could give a little more info on your setup and could capture a log prior to shutdown this would help with the troubleshooting process.

Comment

Its Windows. HS Sentry is marked. In the log it says UI request to shutdown. I will do screen shot of the log when i get home.

jim

Comment

I was able to do a screenshot from my phone.

Attached Files

Comment

Its Windows. HS Sentry is marked. In the log it says UI request to shutdown. I will do screen shot of the log when i get home.

jim
                How are you starting HS4? If using a scheduled task make sure it isn’t set to end the task after a period of time.

Comment

As above if you are using a schedule start of HS4, disable it and start HS4 manually.

Again check the usual suspects like automatic Windows updates and anything that runs an unattended update regularly that requires HS4 to shutdown to complete the process.

Might be worth checking that error for EnvisaLink in your log too.

Comment

I use startup delayer to start HS4 if there is a reboot. Ive checked those settings. The shutdown only does it once in a week or two.

Comment

I use startup delayer to start HS4 if there is a reboot. Ive checked those settings. The shutdown only does it once in a week or two.
                      You’ve clearly some process in your setup that is instructing HS4 to shutdown in an orderly fashion. I’d check your OS a little further to discover the cause. Are you sure it’s not automated Windows updates that’s causing the problem. The frequency of this shutdown seems to point to it.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

You’ve clearly some process in your setup that is instructing HS4 to shutdown in an orderly fashion. I’d check your OS a little further to discover the cause. Are you sure it’s not automated Windows updates that’s causing the problem. The frequency of this shutdown seems to point to it.

Up time on the Laptop is 23 days so I can rule out a Windows update.

Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	697
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	1424257

Comment

These are the errors I got right before the shutdown. Can a Plugin error cause HS4 to shutdown? I will make a post in the EnvisaLink area,

Thanks
                          Jim

Views:	744
Size:	492.5 KB
ID:	1424263

Comment

Yes that’s why I suggested posting as much info as possible on your setup otherwise troubleshooting is a crap shoot. Now I know Windows updates are not causing your problem.

To rule out EnvisaLink as the source of your issue just disable the plugin and see if it resolves the shutdown problem.

It might be useful to see the log entries prior to the shutdown request. Incidentally what other plugins are running on your system. Is your laptop a dedicated HS4 unit only.

By all means post on that plugin section and see if others have experienced a similar issue.

Comment

The shutdown does not happen to often. I rather not disable my alarm plugin for that long. My laptop is just for HS4. My post above has my log right before the last shutdown. Below is all my plugins.

Thanks
                              Jim

Views:	732
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	1424284

Comment

Working...
                              X