No announcement yet.

How do RTSP cameras work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t think the NetCam plugin supports RTSP. I have a WyzeRTSP camera and I have tried multiple configuration settings. I can’t get it to work with NetCam. It works great with NetCam Studio software.
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

I am using Wyze cams with HS4, but there is a catch. Wyze cam rtsp does not provide snapshots, so the live view doesn't work... without doing other stuff

to test RTSP works with your wyzecam, try recording for 10 secs, or setting an event to record and see if it works. it should, does for me
      (I am still on version 4.1.2.0 HS4 linux)

to get live view you need to setup a way to provide snapshots. I am currently using an android nvidia shield with tinycam app to provide a snapshot URL. it works, but could be better

you can setup FFMPEG on your device running homeseer to take a jpeg of the rstp feed every X seconds, and have homeseer use that for a snapshot URL. I haven't got around to doing this yet though

Recording works great though (on 4.1.2.0, I haven't upgraded since it works good atm)

Comment

I am as beginner to HomeSeer as I can be (day 1 of trial). I am having issue with RTSP camera streaming as well. My camera is UniFi Protect if that matters. I can get snapshot working but live stream of UniFi protect I believe is only supported via RTSP. HomeSeer is running on Ubuntsu 20.04 which came with FFMPEG by default, and I made sure it is most updated version. RTSP links works fine with VLC installed on the Ubuntu.

Is HomeSeer not supporting RTSP on Linux platform? Is this different if I were using Windows?

Thank you

Comment

Also just to let you know there is also the DAFANG hack for the wyze cameras v2. This allows you to set up the camera locally and it has a ton of adjustments that cannot be made in the wyze software. Look under github/dafang. Been running 5 of these on contacam.

Stuart

Comment

Working...
          X