Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 - Event: Control a device - Sort list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 - Event: Control a device - Sort list?

When creating or modifying events, the list of devices seems to be sorted by the second location field ('Detail' in my configuration). Is there a way to change this? I have 900 'devices' and it takes *forever* to find an item in the list as they are not sorted in a meaningful fashion.

Unlike most other drop down lists, typing the first letter doesn't get you anything useful. I'd kill for a quick filter option on this list.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jeeves; October 2, 2020, 12:00 AM. Reason: Clarified location issue.

+1 It is so hard to find the device in the list...
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I put in a feature request for this Aug 14th but have not had any answer with it. I have added a link to this thread on it to.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

+1 It would be so great if you can type into a field and it will provide a list with all devices that contain the string you typed in.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
          +1 It would be so great if you can type into a field and it will provide a list with all devices that contain the string you typed in.
          That's exactly my thought. I use several enterprise devices that do similar. Click the drop down, and there's a text box at the top that has focus. Entering text into it filters the drop down below.

Comment

I submitted a feature request for that.

Comment

To those paying attention;
              I've written some code that modifies /html/event.html to do what I was talking about. The dropdown list is now sorted by location1.
              I also (personally) have modified the formatting of /html/includes/triggers.html so that it's easier to read as you're scrolling through the list.

If this of interest, I can post the code section here.

Comment

Working...
              X