No announcement yet.

HS4 Z-wave Plugin download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, there are only legacy z-wave plugins. Even some 9 months later a search will still show you the same result as what I posted in post #4. I use the beta version (the one without the S2 in the name) which is currently version 3.0.7.0. The main reason is that I have the new g3 stick (700 series). If you have the g2 stick then I would stick with the released version 3.0.2.0 (at this time).

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      Yes, there are only legacy z-wave plugins. Even some 9 months later a search will still show you the same result as what I posted in post #4. I use the beta version (the one without the S2 in the name) which is currently version 3.0.7.0. The main reason is that I have the new g3 stick (700 series). If you have the g2 stick then I would stick with the released version 3.0.2.0 (at this time).
      if you have a device with more than 10 child devices you'll need the beta version 3.0.7.0. Somewhere along the line since 3.0.2.0 and 3.0.7.0 that bug was fixed. Likely doesn't affect many folks. Just something to be aware of. To the best of my knowledge, HS hasn't published a list of any of the fixes yet. I wish they would.

Comment

Technically Rich stated in another thread that the hard-coded limit was 6 prior to the beta fix.

So if you need 7 or more, you need the beta.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
          Technically Rich stated in another thread that the hard-coded limit was 6 prior to the beta fix.

๐Ÿ‘

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post

Interestingly there have been devices in HS with more than 10 child devices for years, such as Fibaro smoke sensors, which have 11 or 12 depending on the version.
            I suspect it is a specific type of child device that the limitation applied to.
            Still itโ€™s academic now๐Ÿ™‚
            Steve

Comment

I'm running 3.0.2.261 with HS4 and it seems to handle everything as it should.

Comment

So what's the flow for using a beta? Since it exists as a different plug-in, do you:
                1. Backup. Backup the backup.
                2. Install beta 3.0.7.0
                3. Disable release 3.0.2.0
                4. Enable 3.0.7.0
                5. Never, ever enable 3.0.2.0 (do you need to / should you uninstall?)
                6. Eventually, when release updates to 3.0.7.0, update the released version, uninstall the beta, and enable the release version?

Comment

I am running 4.0.30.0. Just go in to the install plugins and click on update.

Comment

Working...
                  X