Sending Email: Use Replacement Variable for Email Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    If this does not work with ultrajones smtp plugin.

A more hacky method would be to send the ‘’content’’of the replacement variable to nodered , and use the native nodered email package. (I would do this with mcsmqtt free plugin, it is easy to send an mqtt paylod with a global variable to a topic.
    https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-node-email

Just a thought . I know you didn’t want to use scripting, so maybe that is a to much hacky way to do it.

Leave a comment:

• windracer
    replied
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check 'em out.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Maybe ultrajonsmtp could do that (if this never works natively from hs email ) ? I never tried the plugin

Leave a comment:

• TC1
    replied
    Originally posted by windracer View Post
    I would find this useful as well (ability to specify a single e-mail address for alerts somewhere). It also would be nice if there were values for device names, instead of just values so I could template more e-mails. For example, having a single e-mail alert for all of my door locks when the battery is low, the e-mail could contain the name of the device. Right now I have separate events set up for each door.
    The free SDJ-Health plug-in does all of this.

Leave a comment:

• enigmatheatre
    replied
    Originally posted by windracer View Post
    I would find this useful as well (ability to specify a single e-mail address for alerts somewhere). It also would be nice if there were values for device names, instead of just values so I could template more e-mails. For example, having a single e-mail alert for all of my door locks when the battery is low, the e-mail could contain the name of the device. Right now I have separate events set up for each door.
    You need to look at this script to report your battery status.

Leave a comment:

• windracer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Designerhome
    replied
    how long does it take for your email notifications? Mine take 2 minutes from the trigger. I also notice LED notifications on switches take almost 2 minutes also.

Leave a comment:

• ksum
    replied
    Did you get an answer on this? I know you can put $$DSR:xxx: in the body and it will return the string associateed with device xxx (replace xxx with your device ID) Also, $$DVR:xxx: will add the value. Make sure to get the trailing colon ( as most issues seem to be the result of missing that.

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    started a topic Sending Email: Use Replacement Variable for Email Address

Sending Email: Use Replacement Variable for Email Address

I have a bunch of events that send out notifications. Depending on the event it goes to different email addresses and they might change in the future. So instead of hardcoding the "To" field with particular email addresses, is it possible to use replacement variables instead? I know there is a default email address. Also there are scripts to send emails but I don't want to revert to scripts. I just want to check if maybe there is a simple way to use the HS built in email action and use a replacement variable for the "To:" field.
Working...
X