Change device order in Set Device event action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change device order in Set Device event action

The Set Device event action can in some cases pile up a whole bunch of devices being set at one trigger. E.g. if the system mode changes from Home to Away or similar.

Is there a way to change the order of the devices, to better show which devices are being set?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-10-13 20_12_36-Window.png
Views:	210
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	1425893

Click on the Edit sign on the right side (the square with the pencil). Then you will see up/down arrows to change the sequence.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
      Click on the Edit sign on the right side (the square with the pencil). Then you will see up/down arrows to change the sequence.
      I don't think this will work as all the devices are listed under one "Then" so there is no way to rearrange them. It is best for each device to press the + then add a separate "Then" for each one so you can reorder them or add wait times between them at a later date. You can also use drag and drop in HS3 to rearrange them if you do it in this way.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Ah, I think you are right. I put each action in a different 'then'.

Comment

Is there any performance hit when putting each device being set in its own action vs keeping all of them in one action?

Comment

Originally posted by ØysteinHJ View Post
            Is there any performance hit when putting each device being set in its own action vs keeping all of them in one action?
            No I don't believe so.
            Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
            X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
            Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
            Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
            Scripts =
            Various

Comment

I just did a test with two similar event handlers. One with all the devices being set in one action, and one with the devices being set in their own separate action. And as far as I can tell it took just as long to run through both of the event handler from first to last step. So I'll be splitting up the event handlers into several actions then.

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
              X