removing old devices from alexa ready for hs4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing old devices from alexa ready for hs4

hey all, just upgraded to HS4 and decided to clean house since I have also moved so I wanted to start fresh and build in the controls i have in my new place, however it seems that my alexa homeseer link still has all the old and the new stuff listed , how can I clear out the list so that only the new hs4 devices show?

also I cant seem to get a virtual switch to show on the alexa devices list, what am i doing wrong?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Delete the old devices one-by-one in Alexa. Slightly easier in Alexa web sign-in but still only one-by-one.

I don't believe the HS Alexa integration supports virtual devices.
    HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.5.0 running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
    Plugins: Z-Wave (via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.10.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
    Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
    Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, Google Nest, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, My Garage, OpenWeather, Spotify, Tuya Local. Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
    Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
    Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
    Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Darn, i know we used to. there isnt a way to directly run an event from alexa is there?
      detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

I think in the settings of the virtual switch, you need to check the "Voice command enabled" box in order for Alexa to work. You may also need to check the "Is Light" box, but not sure on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
          Darn, i know we used to. there isnt a way to directly run an event from alexa is there?
          As an example I have an event called Bedtime that turns off downstairs lights and turns on upstairs lights.

I created a virtual switch device called Bedtime linked to the Bedtime event with on/off properties. A simple “Alexa turn on Bedtime” will execute the event and turn on/off the relevant lights.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

As an example, I have an event called Bedtime that turns off downstairs lights and turns on upstairs lights.

I created a virtual switch device called Bedtime linked to the Bedtime event with on/off properties. A simple “Alexa turn on Bedtime” will execute the event and turn on/off the relevant lights.
            yes thats what i did in hs3 but in hs4 I cant get the virtual device to show up and i checked light and voice command.

Comment

yes thats what i did in hs3 but in hs4 I cant get the virtual device to show up and i checked light and voice command.
              Just a quick screen cap of the HS4 Ui showing the virtual device Bedtime which will trigger an event called Bedtime via an Alexa command

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
                Delete the old devices one-by-one in Alexa. Slightly easier in Alexa web sign-in but still only one-by-one.

I don't believe the HS Alexa integration supports virtual devices.
                thanks that worked and saved a LOT of time using the web interface

Comment

thanks that worked and saved a LOT of time using the web interface
                  So deleting each device individually worked. Have you created a virtual device in HS4 as I outlined above in the screen cap and if so does it work now.

Comment

So deleting each device individually worked. Have you created a virtual device in HS4 as I outlined above in the screen cap and if so does it work now.
                    yes i notice though some seem to appear twice in alexa. it works it just makes the list longer than needed

Comment

yes i notice though some seem to appear twice in alexa. it works it just makes the list longer than needed
                      So just to confirm the virtual device works with HS4 and Alexa. You can tidy up your device list in Amazon later. I just wanted you to clarify this for others who are experiencing similar issues.

Comment

So just to confirm the virtual device works with HS4 and Alexa. You can tidy up your device list in Amazon later. I just wanted you to clarify this for others who are experiencing similar issues.
                        Hello. I recently upgraded to HS4 from HS3 and similar to the OP, I can't get any new virtual devices to show up in Alexa. All my old ones are there and continue to function as they did in HS3 but new ones simply never show up in Alexa. Given how heavily I leverage virtual devices, this is a big problem if that functionality is gone. Yes, I've designated the new devices as "light" and also checked "voice enabled".

Comment

Originally posted by MrPCHead View Post

Hello. I recently upgraded to HS4 from HS3 and similar to the OP, I can't get any new virtual devices to show up in Alexa. All my old ones are there and continue to function as they did in HS3 but new ones simply never show up in Alexa. Given how heavily I leverage virtual devices, this is a big problem if that functionality is gone. Yes, I've designated the new devices as "light" and also checked "voice enabled".
                          In most cases, deleting each individual device in your Amazon account, unlinking your MyHS Account from Amazon, linking it again and running Amazon discovery should show up all your HS devices in HS.

Comment

Working...
                          X