HS4 Events triggered by Google home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Events triggered by Google home

Is there a way to trigger an event with a voice command through google home. All of the posts I've been able to find appear to apply to HS3 but not exactly to HS4. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, there is. The PROBLEM is that Google Home does not list them anyplace once you sync them. And I have learned this is not specific to HomeSeer but other home automati0n hubs as well. In HomeSeer 4, the steps are the same as version 3. Only the screens have changed:
    • With the Event opened (Click Events->the Event Group->The Event) click the Edit Event icon (Pencil with the point in a box). Set the Voice Command if you want something different than the event's name.
    • Click Advanced Options button at the bottom right of the opened Event screen. Check the box next to Voice Command and save.
    • Provided you have already connected HomeSeer and Google Home: Go to your Google Home unit or phone app and say "Hey Google, sync HomeSeer."
    • To run the event you can say Hey Google, run _(event command)_." You can also say Activate instead of Run.
    That should cover it. I have found that it sometimes takes a while for the events to sync so give it a little while. I suspect this takes longer when you have a larger set of devices to sync. I have also noticed that recently even though I say "sync HomeSeer" it reposnds with "syning iRobot, HomeSeer,..." so apparetnly it is syncing all third party stuff?

Karl
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

If you setup the events for voice as per ksum's instructions they will also be available to use in Google Home routines as a 'scene'. This gives you much more flexibility with the voice commands as you can initiate routines with multiple phrases that you define in the Google Home app.

Comment

JSC care to share how to find Scenes in the better versions of the Home app? Also, are you on Android or iOS? I cannot find them on the latest version on an Android. Version 2.29.1.7 of the Google Home app.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

the scenes/eventd are found when you create a 'routine' in the google home app. I am on android. it has been like this for awhile now with HS4. Just need to enable voice command in event settings for each event you want to control

note: I reported a bug awhile back where only the primary user in a google home family can see or control hs4 events (the gmail account that is synched to homeseer in google home app). At the moment homeseers only workaround is to create a virtual device that runs the desired events and make that virtual device accesible to google home

Comment

Android version of Google Home App

Comment

ksum I think that I have all of this sorted out and working with the exception of syncing. I did find a work around by "reconnecting" to homeseer by clicking the "+" in the google home app->Set up devce-> Have something allready setup->HomeSeer-> Reconnect account Does anyone else have this issue?

Comment

I have found that sometimes you have to try the reconnecting a couple of times for it to work.

Comment

Working...
                X