Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Upgraded to HS4, It Worked, Then This...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Upgraded to HS4, It Worked, Then This...

Finally bit the bullet and used the upgrade I bought way back when.

Installed fine. Everything works as expected, woohoo!

Then while trying to search on the device screen, I fat fingered it - noticed that there was a weird character in the search box appended to the device I was looking for. Hit enter so quickly, I didn't see what character I typed in there, but now the device screen is empty, and it says "Showing 0 of 645 Devices/Features"..

I shut down & restarted HS4. I reimported the devices.

Doesn't matter if I use Chrome, MS Edge, IE - same thing. Clicking any of the buttons on the device screen does nothing. Still no devices showing. All other screens work as expected: setup, tools, events, etc.

HSTouch works fine on all clients. HS Mobile sees the devices fine. Really weird: my android cell phone's Chrome still shows the HS3 screen and it works as it always had.

Any thoughts?

Can you share a screen capture of your Devices screen?
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Is it possible you accidentally selected a filter for Floor, Room or Category in which you have no devices? You should be able to clear any filters. Also, with Chrome on my pc, I have a bookmark of <IP>/deviceutility. This shows the HS3 GUI for devices after upgrading to HS4. If I then click the "Home" button, I get the HS4 GUI.

Comment

Here's the screen capture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	337
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	1428741

The only button that works is the Add Device plus symbol, and the sort drop down box let's you choose device, group, etc., although nothing happens.

You can hit the Group, Room, or Category buttons, but "Select All" does nothing, and any combination of check boxes and hitting Save does nothing.

Can't clear the search field either.

Menu on top works fine.

I had performed a bunch of searches using the search field that all worked fine. The last search I tried was: "Chris Lamp" plus a fat finger symbol typo after the "p" (I don't know which character) and hit enter.

Then when the devices stopped showing.

Comment

You should be able to click on the x in the search field to clear the field.

Simply click that x and see if your device return to their former glory!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Haig View Post
            You should be able to click on the x in the search field to clear the field.

Simply click that x and see if your device return to their former glory!
            Nope - that's what I'm saying - the X does not clear anything. It's as if the page, or the filter, has been corrupted.

Comment

You might want to try clearing out your cookies and then refreshing your browser with an F5.

Comment

Originally posted by jgreenberg01 View Post

Nope - that's what I'm saying - the X does not clear anything. It's as if the page, or the filter, has been corrupted.
                Did you try to search for something valid, like "lamp"? (I didn't upgrade to HS4 yet, but looking at what HS3 does, I would guess that the search filter is corrupt at the moment)

Comment

Originally posted by twka90 View Post

Did you try to search for something valid, like "lamp"? (I didn't upgrade to HS4 yet, but looking at what HS3 does, I would guess that the search filter is corrupt at the moment)
                  It won't let me type anything into the field. Doesn't matter if I'm local or remote. Everything else works, but the device screen is just broken.

I'm trying to avoid reinstalling HS4. Someone must have come across this...

Comment

It won't let me type anything into the field. Doesn't matter if I'm local or remote. Everything else works, but the device screen is just broken.

I'm trying to avoid reinstalling HS4. Someone must have come across this...
                    Ugh. At this point I would fire Chrome DevTools, and just set the value of that box manually/submit the search form. If that sounds voodoo -- I guess you could try your luck with filing a support ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by twka90 View Post

Ugh. At this point I would fire Chrome DevTools, and just set the value of that box manually/submit the search form. If that sounds voodoo -- I guess you could try your luck with filing a support ticket?
                      Not exactly voodoo, but I programmed in the 80's with basic, dBase III, and clipper compiler. HTML is on my list of things to do, but have not dabbled yet.

I can inspect the elements, but have no idea how to manually manipulate fields/buttons.

Just submitted a support ticket - but I wanted to get up and running asap.

The whole point of upgrading to HS4 was to learn Node Red for more Alexa integration. Now I can't even see any virtual devices that I added. Grrrr!

Comment

I would run a Repair on the HomeSeer installation or open a ticket with HomeSeer Support. The filter is saved someplace and applies across devices, but I could not find where it is saved.
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events
                        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Not exactly voodoo, but I programmed in the 80's with basic, dBase III, and clipper compiler. HTML is on my list of things to do, but have not dabbled yet.

I can inspect the elements, but have no idea how to manually manipulate fields/buttons.

The whole point of upgrading to HS4 was to learn Node Red for more Alexa integration. Now I can't even see any virtual devices that I added. Grrrr!
                          Try logging out and log in as a different user.

Comment

Something on here might be helpful while you wait for a response from HST: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...tools+tutorial . Logging in as a different user is also likely to help to at least be able to see the devices.

Comment

Thanks @twka90 but the only way to see the devices was on my cell that still had the old HS3 device page for some reason. And thanks for everyone's advice.

Got it fixed, but it was not straight forward.

Repaired HS4 using its installer. No go.

Uninstalled HS4, then reinstalled. No go.

Uninstalled, and deleted all the web pages in the HTML folder. Reinstalled. No go.

Finally uninstalled HS4, installed using the alternate method, reinstalled all the plugins. It worked!

Except the Z-stick was not recognized. I had to uninstall the device, change the COM port, and reinstall.

Now it finally works again.

Hopefully no one needs to do this again, but if so, see above

Comment

Working...
                              X