Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hs4 and Schlage Lock not compatible -Solved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hs4 and Schlage Lock not compatible -Solved.

Hs4.1.9 and new Schlage Be469zp new batteries with znet 1 inch from lock will never negotiate security and wont include in Hs4. Tried defaulting lock and rebooting Hs4.
    Tried 2 different zwave plugins
    Just spoke to Schlage lock tech support and no one in the tech support department has ever heard of Homeseer. I guess that explains why although it may work for some
    it does not work for all and no one there is testing the lock with Homeseer

Your statement is untrue. If you search the forums or use google you'll see that several people have added these locks to Homeseer.

Comment

I have a FX469 and it added just fine. The trick is to put the plugin into include mode and let it cycle while you then hold the lock touching the z-stick and then enter the include sequence on the keypad. Also make sure that it has not ever been included before. You can just exclude it buy doing the same thing but just put the plugin into exclude mode.

The biggest problem I have ihave with the 469 is that it never reports battery status. The only way I can get it to report a battery status is to go to the lock, take off the cover. Unsnap the battery connector, snap it back on, the Schlage button flashes red and the battery status is then updated. Polling the lock does nothing.

The one inch could make a difference. I had an issue where it found the lock, started the negotiation and I moved the lock a little away before it said it was included. The inclusion failed as soon as I moved the lock and had to exclude and start again. When I say touching, I really mean touching it and the back of it where the Z-Wave radio is!

Also make sure you are on the 3.0.2.0 version of the Z-Wave plugin. The beta version is far from ready for prime time.

Comment

Just an FYI, the FX469 is not the same as a Be469zp since the latter is a newer Z-wave Plus model with different firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post
          Just an FYI, the FX469 is not the same as a Be469zp since the latter is a newer Z-wave Plus model with different firmware.
          Ok, then never mind.
          Might be worth another try though unless you've also tried it with the BE496 it also didn't include.

Comment

I have a Schlage Be469zp on the shelf I can try tomorrow when I get time and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by dbmet View Post
              I have a Schlage Be469zp on the shelf I can try tomorrow when I get the time and see what happens.
              Would be interesting in knowing what you guys discover. I have an HS Zee with the built-in Z-Wave interface (circa 2017.) I do not know which locks it's compatable with or if it is capable of working in/with the new S2 Zwave protocol/devices. Also, if I have to get a stick with the S2 security protocal do all my devices need to be S2?

Thanks from a ZWave NOOB.

Comment

Z-wave Plus devices are backwards compatible with the standard Z-wave protocol, you should be fine.

Comment

Since I posted this I did a little more research. I'm now planning on adding the Zwave+ stick which supports the S2 encryption and removing the Zee internal Zwave daughterboard. Will I have any problems with legacy non-S2 encrypted Zwave devices stick on the new Zwave+ S2 network? I'm choosing to upgrade the internal Zwave interface to an S2 encrypted because of the door locks.

Thanks!

Comment

Again, the protocols are backwards compatible. I am using the Homeseer SmartStick+ with both old (several years) standard Z-wave devices and newer Z-wave Plus devices.

I'd highly advise against implementing the Homeseer S2 Z-wave plug-in, it's debatable on whether it's truly stable. Plus there's no real advantage to implementing S2 to achieve "lock security". The last documented Z-wave exploit on locks was only executable during the pairing process with the lock, if you have people sitting outside your home 24 x 7 continuously sniffing your Z-wave traffic then you have bigger problems than S2 will solve, lol.
                    S2 is a reactionary marketing ploy. Plus S2 has higher data overhead, thus draining battery operated devices faster.

Seriously, a burglar is more than likely to kick in your door and break the frame than to try to decrypt your Z-wave traffic.

Just some friendly advice

Comment

Thanks for the clear explanation! I understand what you mean about the S2 security protocol. I read some marketing literature that said that the Z-Wave Plus was somehow better on the battery drain for battery operated devices , is that correct?

Comment

In terms of normal functions battery drain, yes, it's more efficient because of the 500-series design microchips that are in the devices. But some of that efficiency is lost because of the additional data overhead of the S2 encryption protocol (more data-bits to send and more cpu power to calculate the encryption scheme). I always include my Z-wave Plus devices without S2.

Here is a link with a table that explains all the differences and advantages. The 300-series is legacy Z-wave, 500-series is Z-wave Plus, and 700 is the next gen that vendors are slowly releasing devices for. Supposedly Homeseer is working on a Z-wave plugin that will utilize 700 series features, but don't expect anything until Q1 2021, if we're lucky, given their past track record.

https://aeotec.com/z-wave-home-autom...00-series.html

Comment

Removed a Yale lock recently in HS4.1.9 but it wont add back either. Same error as the Schlage. Got an old Vera and easily added the Yale lock so I think there may be
                          something going on with the latest version of Hs4 and the Newest zwave plugin. Has anyone tried recently to add a newer lock to HS4.1.9 ? I know it worked for some in the past.
                          Locks are all next to the znet when tried.

Comment

Running Windows HS4 Version 4.1.9, Z-Wave BETA 3.0.2.5 plugin and Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 Zwave Stick :
                            I paired a Be469zp Lock and it paired right away and excluded right away.

I upgraded the Z-Wave plugin to BETA 3.0.2.261 and the Lock paired again. This time because I have a Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 Stick it asked for the DSK code and I cant find my lock book currently to finish pairing it.

Comment

Good to know. Maybe its my znet ? as that looks like the only difference. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X