Unexpected shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpected shutdown

I woke this morning to find HS4 V4.1.9.0 not running on my Win10 VM. It has been running well for some time.
    I restarted and in the log on startup I see;
    HomeSeer was not shut down successfully the previous time it was started.

I have checked the Windows logs and can't see anything useful.

Does HS4 keep a historic log I can examine?

Cheers

HomeSeer can stop functioning and hang or other but does not restart windows (else, if you have a restart function you set up in HomeSeer)
    • And because Windows 10 was not designed to run as a server, then look in the Update settings and make sure you stopped anything which could trigger a reboot.
    • But then again that can not prevent a Blue Screen which can trigger a reboot without notice.

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
      HomeSeer can stop functioning and hang or other but does not restart windows (else, if you have a restart function you set up in HomeSeer)
      • And because Windows 10 was not designed to run as a server, then look in the Update settings and make sure you stopped anything which could trigger a reboot.
      • But then again that can not prevent a Blue Screen which can trigger a reboot without notice.

Eman.
      Indeed. Windows did not restart, just HS shutdown/crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post

Indeed. Windows did not restart, just HS shutdown/crashed.
        In some cases this is caused by a looping script or a faulty plug-in.
        • Post here your Homeseer features and mention all the scripts you might be running, someone may spot something
        • And also make sure your server is not running on WiFi plus it has a static IP and no binding in the main settings (because if HSSenty can't detect the IP in settings.ini will reboot the server)

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
          Does HS4 keep a historic log I can examine?
          The only log I am aware of is the running log. You can access the log prior to the crash by adjusting the dates in the log filter, but that will probably only reveal the last thing that happened successfully, not what actually caused the crash. It will be a good indication of what time it crashed, which may offer a clue.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

This has happened again.
            In the log I see;
            Request from UI to shutdown.
            When I restart I see;
            HomeSeer was not shut down successfully the previous time it was started.

Should HSSentry have kicked in and restarted HS?

Comment

I have also just noticed this behavior!
              This morning, HS was not working.
              Manually starting up, I found this is the log:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde2.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1439444

Notice that it all started with plugin that disconnects as in the bottom of the screenshot.
              I have checked the log from the PC, nothing unusual, it have been running normally without any updates etc.

Something seems to be wrong, any solution to this?
              Thanks!

Ole

Comment

I had this happen last week after months of not happening (or longer). Just decided it was a one-off as i couldn't point to anything particular.

Figure i'll dive into it more if it happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ole Martin View Post
                  I have also just noticed this behavior!
                  This morning, HS was not working.
                  Manually starting up, I found this is the log:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Skjermbilde2.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1439444

Notice that it all started with plugin that disconnects as in the bottom of the screenshot.
                  I have checked the log from the PC, nothing unusual, it have been running normally without any updates etc.

Something seems to be wrong, any solution to this?
                  Thanks!

Ole
                  Same thing has been happening to me. Did you figure anything out?

Date/time=1/20/2021 8:56:57 AM US Mountain Standard Time
                  Version=HS4 Standard Edition 4.1.10.0 (Windows)
                  License=Registered
                  Confguration File=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS4\Data\HomeSeerData.json
                  In Virtual Machine=No MFG: msi
                  Antivirus=Windows Defender
                  OS=Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
                  OS Version=10.0.18363
                  Uptime=0 Days 0 Hours 27 Minutes 52 Seconds
                  Lan IP=192.168.0.28 (DESKTOP-1D40U4A)
                  Device Count=175
                  Event Count=68
                  Processor:=Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3 at 2.98 GHz
                  Modules/Threads=120 Modules, 69 Threads
                  Available Threads=1023
                  System Load=154 Processes, 4% Load
                  Free/Total Memory=5.17 GBytes / 7.93 GBytes (65% free)
                  Free/Total Virtual Memory=5.15 GBytes / 9.18 GBytes (56% free)
                  HomeSeer Memory Used=50 Mbytes
                  Plugin Memory Used=8 EXE Plug-Ins using 73 Mbytes
                  Plugins Installed=Chromecast 4.0.17.0,Ecobee 4.0.10.0,HS MyQ 4.0.4.0,IFTTT 3.0.1.4,IR Plugin 4.0.0.1,RoomMe 4.0.2.0,SDJ-Health 3.0.8.7,Wemo 4.0.3.0,Zigbee 4.0.8.0,Z-Wave 3.0.2.0

Comment

I would suggest that everybody having this problem manage your Windows updates. If you don't have W10 Pro, you will be able to delay updates. If you do have Windows 10 Pro, you can turn them off. That would eliminate the possibility that Windows Updates are causing the problem. Just don't forget to check for updates manually.
                    HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                    Home Assistant 2024.3
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                    Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                    Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                    WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Working...
                    X