hs.WriteLog as an immediate command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs.WriteLog as an immediate command

I'm feeling kind of like a turtle on his back right about now. Something that seems so simple isn't working.

For testing various event logic I commonly use (or used to in HS3) hs.WriteLog as the action for an event. For some reason, I can't seem to get this to work in HS4.

&hs.WriteLog("Debug", "Device 980 Reset") as an immediate command yields the following error in the log:

Running script(2) &hs.WriteLog("Debug", "Device 980 Reset"), init error: Class doesn't support Automation: 'hs.WriteLog'

Any help would be appreciated.

Ken

"if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Try &nhs

Comment

Thanks. That worked, but now I'm really confused. Where is this documented and why the change? Also, why does hs.WriteLog work in a script?

Thanks again,
      Ken
      "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I doubt you will find it documented in "the manual." Try here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...54#post1060954
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
          Thanks. That worked, but now I'm really confused. Where is this documented and why the change? Also, why does hs.WriteLog work in a script?

Thanks again,
          Ken
          Documented here and there in this forum...

haven't migrated to HS4 yet for this reason.
          Been assembling personal notes for the last few months on all the bugs and workarounds. Will migrate once the pace of reported issues slows down and/or once I feel HS is fixing them as they come in, which is not the case right now.
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks All! I now understand the difference between the two but there's no excuse for this not being documented properly. Then again, nothing with HS4 seems to be properly documented.

Thanks again,
            Ken

Comment

Working...
            X