Delete Camera is HS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete Camera is HS4

How do I delete a camera in HS4. I added a couple that no longer work and I want to get rid of them.

Anyone know how to do this? I can't figure it out either...
    doug

Comment

Can you post a screen shot of your camera page so we can see if we can spot any issues.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here's a screen shot. Perhaps it's obvious, but I'm not seeing it...

Comment

I unchecked Auto Discover Known Camera Types the restarted Homeseer and the Auto Discover cameras were deleted.

Jim

Comment

Did anyone figure this out?
            Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
              Did anyone figure this out?
              Are you running HS3 or HS4? So you select the X and the camera isn't removed from the list? Try shutting down HS3/4. Then edit the HSTouch.ini file and look for the sections [Cameras]
              [Manual Cameras] and delete the cameras you want to remove.

Comment

HS4. So the web interface on the setup page has no way to delete a camera? I'll edit the hstouch ini file. Interesting that the camera information is in the hstouch ini file, not the settings ini file.

Thanks for the heads up.
                Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                  HS4. So the web interface on the setup page has no way to delete a camera? I'll edit the hstouch ini file. Interesting that the camera information is in the hstouch ini file, not the settings ini file.

Thanks for the heads up.
                  HS4 does have a way. Select the trash can beside the added cameras.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	camera.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	1536515

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

HS4 does have a way. Select the trash can beside the added cameras.

Trash can icon isn't there for auto-discovered cameras.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1544434

Restarting HS after unchecking "Auto Discover Known Camera Types" got rid of them for me.
                    -Wade

Comment

Thanks for this tip - I just discovered this no-removal issue, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

Are you running HS3 or HS4? So you select the X and the camera isn't removed from the list? Try shutting down HS3/4. Then edit the HSTouch.ini file and look for the sections [Cameras]
                        [Manual Cameras] and delete the cameras you want to remove.
                        This only allowed me to delete the username and password information. The cameras are still there.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Quek9 View Post

This only allowed me to delete the username and password information. The cameras are still there.
                          Nevermind, it fixed it after I rebooted...

Comment

Has this never been fixed or reported?
                            HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                            Home Assistant 2024.3
                            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                            Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                            Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                            WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                            AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I don't think so as I just re-encountered this week again, but now on my new Windows-based reployment.
                              I had to uncheck the auto-detect and then reboot HS to make them go away.

Comment

Working...
                              X