Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New devices.html with many GUI updates

Team,

Getting annoyed by the HS4 usability I decided to update the code myself.
    It's all documented and ready for download: https://www.domoticaworld.com/script...-hacks-part-2/
    New 'new version' (v5) posted on January 2nd 2021 - release notes: see above url

There a 2 major changes that also work fine on mobile devices.

1. filters with 2 columns
    and an extra SAVE button
    I have not updated the categories list to 2 columns because I don't have that many categories
    Below: updated version (0.6) with bigger save buttons
    Click image for larger version

Name:	homeseer-gui-changeV2-step1-new.png
Views:	43
Size:	414.1 KB
ID:	1445198

2. Device list with loc2/1
    plus the 'primary/parent' device with a different background color.

Click image for larger version  Name:	homeseer-gui-changeV2-overview.png Views:	73 Size:	298.6 KB ID:	1441870

Like it? Like it!

Suggestions? please comment!
    Last edited by DJF3; January 4, 2021, 06:45 AM. Reason: updated screenshot

Its modification is very nice, and the look is fresh, clean not to mention well organized.

I wanted to jump right in and thank you what must have been a significant amount of effort!

Comment

Just updated the code as I found a bug (where it would not show ALL locations)

FIX in v4: https://www.domoticaworld.com/script...-hacks-part-2/

Comment

Thanks, I am truly enjoying your version of the device page!

Comment

Hi DJ,

Thanks for this. You may need to revisit your changes as it would appear the space for devicetext/devicestring is being collapsed or overlapping other columns.

The first image is the normal devices.html and the remaining 2 are with your page. Adding the two extra columns only seems to work with short devicetext entries.

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	217
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	1442308

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	206
Size:	358.6 KB
ID:	1442309

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	208
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1442310

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
            Hi DJ,

Thanks for this. You may need to revisit your changes as it would appear the space for devicetext/devicestring is being collapsed or overlapping other columns.

The first image is the normal devices.html and the remaining 2 are with your page. Adding the two extra columns only seems to work with short devicetext entries.
            You are right. Guess how many devices I have with a lot of text in the device string :-) zero. And that's why I was able to generate some space for the 2 new location columns.

If I would make it configurable (wider device-string/narrow device-controls) then other devices will 'suffer' :-)
            In the next days I will add a big-string-device and play with the different options.

Question: what would be a good fix?
            When increasing the device-string width other columns will have to shrink: which columns?

Comment

I suppose the only option is to make all columns adjust/fit to page size. You also have to check page size as HS4 changes layout as the page width reduces. I seem to remember 3 states Desktop then Tablet then Mobile. You can replicate that by making the browser window smaller as it switches between the 3.
              Jon

Comment

Just posted updated code

v5: https://www.domoticaworld.com/script...-hacks-part-2/

Changes:
                v0.5: even/odd nr of locations now always display correctly
                v0.5: less space for last-changed, more for device-string (will this help a bit jon00 ?)
                v0.5: below filter buttons: showing nr of devices (filtered & total)
                v0.5: device count numbers bold

Comment

DJF3 Great idea on the two column lists. The Save button is never visible requiring one to scroll to find it.

The Cancel button is redundant as there is an X at the top so you might be able to get more space by removing the bottom buttons altogether.

One annoyance is using the check boxes then having to scroll up to the top of the screen to find the Bulk Action key. Then after executing an action the checks persist. It is a bit clunky.

Comment

Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
                    Just posted updated code

v5: https://www.domoticaworld.com/script...-hacks-part-2/

Changes:
                    v0.5: even/odd nr of locations now always display correctly
                    v0.5: less space for last-changed, more for device-string (will this help a bit jon00 ?)
                    v0.5: below filter buttons: showing nr of devices (filtered & total)
                    v0.5: device count numbers bold
                    Yes, that works much better, Thanks!
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Kitar View Post
                      DJF3 Great idea on the two column lists.
                      The Cancel button is redundant as there is an X at the top so you might be able to get more space by removing the bottom buttons altogether.
                      One annoyance is using the check boxes then having to scroll up to the top of the screen to find the Bulk Action key. Then after executing an action the checks persist. It is a bit clunky.
                      In version 0.6 I have made the save buttons WIDE.
                      I've not been able to find a way to keep the bulk action key in focus when scrolling.

Comment

Working...
                      X