New devices.html with many GUI updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post

Events list - Colored Icons?? where is that mentioned?
    In a prior post on domoticaworld.com. See first paragraph at the link in post #12. Or direct to the page here.

I may have misinterpreted the evolution of the hacks. I read it that Hacks v2 built on the original features and then Update for v4.1.14 fixed things broken by the new HS version. It's certainly possible some features were dropped along the way. Or just as likely I could be missing something simple.
    -Wade

Comment

Ah, I see now. The description on that page is VERY confusing!

The event icons are grey, boring and not easy to distinguish. So with the CSS below you can safely change them. Why? Because the changes are made in the custom.css file which is not overwritten by software updates.

Note that changes to this file will be overwritten by software updates.
      The new events.html does not include that code. Do I add it to custom.css?
      HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.0.8 Beta running on Lenovo ThinkCenter & Debian Linux
      Plugins: Z-Wave, SDJHealth
      Z-Wave via Nortek USB stick

Home Assistant 2021.9.6 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
      Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, HA Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal, Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Zigbee2mqtt, Z-Wave JS to MQTT
      Integrations: AccuWeather, Alexa Media Player, Glances, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Mobile App, MQTT, Nest, OpenWeather, Spotify, Ubiquiti UniFi, Z-Wave JS
      Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
      Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
      Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

Comment

Originally posted by dbrunt View Post
        Ah, I see now. The description on that page is VERY confusing!

The new events.html does not include that code. Do I add it to custom.css?
        dbrunt Wade

I AGREE..

Thanks for the feedback, apologies for the delay :-)

Reading my old posts I have to admit that there was "room for confusion" :-)
        That's why I have re-written the 2 different pages on this topic and removed one.

The main "HS4 GUI Hacks" page now includes a documented custom.css that make the events and devices page better.

Comment

Just posted updated code

v8: HS4 GUI Hacks

Changes:
          v0.8: NOW INCLUDES a documented custom.css with many changes for devices & events.
          v0.8: devices.html: has (minor) changes that based on the HS4.1.17 release.
          v0.8: events.html - no changes
          v0.8: custom.css - make the "run script" field easier to read if there's >1 line of text
          v0.8: custom.css - make the "note" popup look like a yellow sticky note :-)
          v0.8: custom.css - changes for devices & events to make them more compact and easier to read.

Comment

Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
            Just posted updated code

v8: HS4 GUI Hacks

Changes:
            v0.8: NOW INCLUDES a documented custom.css with many changes for devices & events.
            v0.8: devices.html: has (minor) changes that based on the HS4.1.17 release.
            v0.8: events.html - no changes
            v0.8: custom.css - make the "run script" field easier to read if there's >1 line of text
            v0.8: custom.css - make the "note" popup look like a yellow sticky note :-)
            v0.8: custom.css - changes for devices & events to make them more compact and easier to read.
            Thanks for this. Great improvements!

After overwriting the files and inserting the code into custom.css, I'm seeing the GUI mods but have one issue. After clicking on an event to edit the page is blank below the header. Example below. This is true for all events I've attempted to open/edit. I repeated the overwrite process to be sure I did it correctly.

Unfortunately restoring the original, renamed files didn't fix it. I suspect I must have overwritten or deleted something I shouldn't have the first time around. Any suggestions?

edit: my log page is blank, too, even after restart.

Example: Clicking on the highlighted event...
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-29 164558.png Views:	0 Size:	210.9 KB ID:	1481735

Gives a blank page:
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-06-29 164448.png Views:	0 Size:	239.5 KB ID:	1481734
            -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

After overwriting the files and inserting the code into custom.css, I'm seeing the GUI mods but have one issue. After clicking on an event to edit the page is blank below the header. Example below. This is true for all events I've attempted to open/edit. I repeated the overwrite process to be sure I did it correctly.
              SOLVED. I rolled back to a backup and started over. Corrected whatever mistake I had made. 😜
              -Wade

Comment

After installing, some of my devices are showing yellow instead of the light blue and white. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                  After installing, some of my devices are showing yellow instead of the light blue and white. Any ideas?
                  It is indicating primary/parent devices.

You can change that color by looking up the hex code desired and replacing it in DJ's version of devices.html.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	dj8_mods-color.png
Views:	239
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	1481906

Comment

Hi Jeeves,

Thanks for the response. I looked in the devices.html version of DJ's file and I can't find that line in the code. I am using the update from June 26, 2021. I went line by line and still can't find it. Could the new version be different?

Thanks,

Ronnie

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
                      Hi Jeeves,

Thanks for the response. I looked in the devices.html version of DJ's file and I can't find that line in the code. I am using the update from June 26, 2021. I went line by line and still can't find it. Could the new version be different?

Thanks,

Ronnie
                      It could, I'd have to dig into an older version to find it. You should be able to search the supplied files for that hex color value (there aren't many), looking at your screenshot I don't believe it's changed. Previously it may have been in the css file.

Comment

For those watching this thread;
                        The files included in this mod are compatible with 4.1.18.0.
                        Between .17 and .18 there have been no changes to devices.html or events.html.

Comment

Love your change. Is it still working for 4.2?

Comment

I loved this until I updated to 4.2.2. Bulk Action button is supposed to be on the same line as floor, room, etc.

Also, turning devices on/off does not immediately reflect the change unless I refresh the screen.

Comment

Working...
                            X