Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS4 Event with timer how to create.

Hi.

Can anyone guide how do you create an event that I will trigger manually for my water heater but stop with a timer that I can configure to any time..?

Thanks,

Greeting smargi, . When you say trigger manually do you mean with a physical switch or a button in HomeSeer?
    What time period and how often are you going to change the value of the off time?

Check out an earlier post to this thread. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...a-bathroom-fan

Roger

Comment

Yes, I want to create an event for my water heater switch for 30, 60,120 minutes that I can add to my HomeSeer app as a button. the water heater has also a physical switch on it for this time setting also.

Shay.

Comment

Shay,

What is the make and model Z-Wave switch you are using for your water heater, also which version of HomeSeer are you using? Do you know if the switch supports scenes or multi-taps?

On my setup here at home I use HomeSeer HS-WS200+ switches which support up to five scenes and I have assigned different time values depending on how many times I tap the switch.

1 tap up = 1 hour (I set my most commonly used time to the one tap setting)
        2 taps up = 15 Min
        3 taps up = 30 Min
        4 taps up = 45 Min
        5 taps up = 1:30
        1 tap/hold = disable timer and run until the switch is turned off.

Any tap down or if the timer expires turns it off.

As the LED on the switch is programmable, I also have different colors indicate the remaing time on the timer. I also set the status of the switch to the time that the event started to make it easy to see when it will expire. The timer itself will show the remaining time available. If the timer had been set to 1 hour initially by tapping once on the switch and you change your mind and want say a 30 minute time instead all you have to do is tap the switch three times and it will reset the timer to this new 30 minute value.

To do the above requires creating one timer, one event to turn the load off, and one event for each time setting used. Controlling the status LED on the switch may take additional events depending on what you want them to do.

Roger

Comment

Hi..

Sorry for the late response I was on vacation 😀

My wall switch is this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Z-Wave-Secu.../dp/B00U6244G8

and I'm using the HS4 version the must updated.

again I want to make a simple manual switch in my app the when I press it the water heater z-wave switch turns on and a timer that I will configure will start the count down until it turns the switch off.

and not related to the switch on it.

Thanks,

Comment

Has the SIR321 already been included in the Z-Wave network? If it has, then create an event as shown in the attached photo. Just subsitute the device name with yours. Keep the parameter values the same as shown. When finished, save everything and as a test, click the run button. If everything works as intended then the water heater should run for five minutes. Let me know the results and we can continue.

Roger

Comment

Hi.

Yes the sir321 is included in my system and if I press manually everything works I did try to configure it like the pic you sent me but nothing happened. 🤔

Shay.

Comment

Shay,

Thanks for the info. The next part is to control the switch of the SIR321. Add the following to the Event that you created. Then run the revised Event manually and let me know the results. If the water heater does not run for the five minutes check the HS log to verify it ran without errors. The next step is going to be to create a virtual device to use as your button to control the heater.

Comment

Hi.

I just tried what you suggested now the device turn on but doesn't turn off after the time I configured ( 5 min ) like in the first pic you sent me it just stay on until I turn it off manually. I also try to check the log and I don't see any error or anything strange..?

Shay.

Comment

Is there a schedule feature available on the SIR321?
                    Roger

Comment

Do you mean on the device itself..? no one I can see or know about.

Shay.

Comment

As far as the schedule feature, not on the physical device itself but in the HomeSeer device listing.
                        When the SIR321 was included in the system, how many devices and/or features showed up in HS?
                        Are you able to post a screenshot of the SIR321 devices that are in HS?

If you go to the Z-Wave tab of the root device and in the Set Configuration Parameters section enter a 1 in the Parameter Number field, leave the Value (Decimal): field empty and set the Value Size field to 1 Byte and then press the Set button. It should return the value of parameter one in the device. Since it was set to 5 with the Event that was created earlier that's what it should return. Give that a try to verify that the timer parameter is actually being set.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Set Configuration Parameters.png
Views:	863
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1446271

Can you give me a little more information on your water heater itself?

On your setup that you have, are you using the temperature sensor option in the SIR321?

I assume the water heater is a pressurized vessel. Is that correct?

Is there a temperature controller on the water heater itself and is there a working high limit on it as well?

You need to make sure that however it ends up being controlled that it is a safe as possible.

If this was just a simple light fixture you could use the delayed timer event as shown.

Name:	30 Minute Delayed Off Timer.png
Views:	880
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1446270

After the control of the unit is worked out you'll need to create a virtual device for your buttons.

Name:	Virtual Device.png
Views:	850
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1446269

Name:	Status Screen.png
Views:	860
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1446266

Let me know how it goes,

Roger
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi.

1. When I included the device in my system it only created an on/off switch and nothing else maybe I should exclude it and add it again to my system so I will have all the options..?

2. I did what you ask me to try about going into the parameters section tab and try the set option to see what value I get and the return value I get is always number 1.

3. I did try the more complex way you sent me to create an event for your earlier post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...a-bathroom-fan and it works fine but I will really like a more easy way to do this.

4. my water heater boiler information is a simple one I don't have any temp probe connected to him the on/off temp is been controlled by the water heater auto inside him but when he gets the full temp inside it just stop heating the water I don't get any indication from the switch or it turns off auto that why I want to make a timer switch that I just won't stay on all day.

5. I attach a pic of my water heater boiler on my system ( in my language 😀 ) for you to see..

Thanks, shay.

Comment

Shay, There should have been more devices created when the SIR321 was included in the system. There are several possible ways to get the missing devices.

As a precaution, I suggest making a backup of your system before proceeding.

Use one of the following procedures to retrieve your missing devices. Do not continue with any additional methods as soon as you get the missing devices.

Procedure #1 "Rescan"
                            • Go to the Z-Wave tab of the SIR321 and perform a Rescan. It should show your Node Number of course.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Manage tab.png Views:	0 Size:	83.3 KB ID:	1446659

Procedure #2 "Replace Bad Node"
                            • Go to Plug ins, Z-Wave, Controller Management and disable your Z-Wave interfaces by pressing the green check mark. Click image for larger version  Name:	Enable-Check.png Views:	0 Size:	895 Bytes ID:	1446664 It will change to a yellow box with a red circle \ line in it. Click image for larger version  Name:	Disable.png Views:	0 Size:	1.1 KB ID:	1446662 Important, do not click the red X Click image for larger version  Name:	Delete.png Views:	0 Size:	924 Bytes ID:	1446663above the name of the interface.
                            • While the Z-Wave interface is disabled, go to the water heater and perform the exclusion process.
                            • NOTE: Exclusion and Inclusion are performed the same way on the SIR321.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Inclusion.png Views:	0 Size:	80.6 KB ID:	1446668
                            • Go back to the Controller Management page and re-enable the Z-Wave interfaces by clicking on the yellow box with the circle\line in it. Once again, do not click the red X Click image for larger version  Name:	Delete.png Views:	0 Size:	924 Bytes ID:	1446666above the name of the interface.
                            • Go to the manage Z-Wave page of the SIR321 device and select Replace Node. (you may need to select Replace Node multiple times as it appears there is a bug in HS that won't always delete the device on the first try) After it deletes the old node it will prompt you to include the replacement node. (Which in this case is the same one.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Replace Node.png Views:	0 Size:	83.4 KB ID:	1446660
                            • To include the device, go to the SIR321 on the water heater and perform the Inclusion process.
                            • Press Done on the Z-Wave information page when you are finished

Procedure #3 "Fix Relationships"
                            • Go to the Setup tab, then the Labs tab and press the Fix Relationships button. This one usually works great but the downside of this is it will reset any customizations of the status icons / values of ALL devices in the system. Not an issue if you haven't heavily changed things for your devices.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Fix Relationships.png Views:	0 Size:	46.5 KB ID:	1446661

Procedure #4 "Exclude / Include"
                            • Exclude then include the device as you would normally.

Continue after retrieving the missing devices...

One of the above should fix your issue with the missing items. You should end up with multiple devices for the SIR321.

Let me know how it works and which devices you end up with. BTW, I've attached a copy of the SIR321 manual in case you need it.

Roger

Attached Files

Comment

Hi..

first, I like to thank you for this detailed answer. but I have a question before I perform what you wrote me why don't just leave the z-wave controller on and perform a standard exclusion from my network that automatically deletes the node and then include it again..? what is the difference with the procedure you wrote me from the standard way...

Shay.

Comment

Working...
                              X