X10 events do not turn on or off X10 switchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X10 events do not turn on or off X10 switchs

I have been using HS3 for years with very few issues.

That experience seems to have changed with HS4 ..

I have keep the first install of the software, creation of devices and events simple to prove out it stability.

It has been less than satisfying.

I have 4 X10 ids identified . one just a control (not used in this event), and the other 3 are light switches.(only use 2 of them in this event)

I have an event that fires at a certain time, the event turns on the 2 light switches.

I does not work . nor does it work when manually triggered.

This is so simple .. how could it not work . See attached.

Each switch can be manually turned off and on .. but the event will not.

I am running W10 Pro (all current updates installed) and the HS4 standard version 4.1.10.10 (Windows)

Any help would be appreciated .. as this is not a good HS4 experience .
    Attached Files

I assume these were old devices that we migrated. With the X-10 plugin, you have to first create and device the device address and type from the Plugin 4th tab when you add a device, then you can go in and use it. I assume you've done it?

Also, what X10 interface are you using (TI-103, TW-523, CM-11A)?

Comment

George, thanks for your thoughts.

I am using a CM11A ..

I have created the X10 devices and they work manually (just not in the manual execution of the attached event above) .. so I must be missing the step that you are suggesting .. however I do not clearly understand what you are suggesting. Each of the units have the X10 codes such as B5, B7 ..

If you have any further suggestions, please get to me ..

Comment

Suggestion: Change the event so that there are two Set Device statements, e.g.,

Set Device
        Main Floor Master Bedroom...
        Set Device
        Basement Main Bedroom TV ...
        after delay of 3 seconds

I've had intermittent difficulty with events that have multiple device actions in one statement.

Rog

Comment

Thanks Rog, I have done that with a 3 sec wait between them .. and it seems that the only device that is being set is the last one .. if it was B5 turn on, wait, turn on B7 .. B7 is on, if it was B7 turn on, wait, B5 turn on .. then it is B5 turns on . .

As well .. I just noticed that the device listing is not being updated as well ..

I really do not understand what is going on .. this is making me think I should uninstall HS4 and go back to HS3 ..

Don

Comment

I only have a couple of X10 devices remaining, but they work fine in HS4 with the most recent plugin. However, I don't use a delay in any X10 events. The fact that the 2nd command gets executed suggests a timing issue. You might want to turn on debug logging in the X10 plugin. I use a TI103, so I don't know what plugin parameters there are for the CM11A. Is there a Polling Interval parameter for the CM11A?

Comment

I still use a lot of X10 devices and all work fine with HS4.
              If I want a delay between the two On commands, I would normally inset a wait x secs command, which works fine for me

B7 On
              Wait
              B5 On

Comment

djbeam

As well .. I just noticed that the device listing is not being updated as well ..

I really do not understand what is going on .. this is making me think I should uninstall HS4 and go back to HS3 ..

Watch the X10 debug as you manually run the events.

I have been testing mostly with HS4 and all appears to be OK. That said I have left Homeseer 3 running and built a new computer for HS4. (Linux).

- Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Ah Linux .. we run it at work and we have systems that have had to be rebooted (except when we want to do it) for over 5 years .. they just work ..

God help us as W10 grows and the points of failure do as well.

Comment

Absolutely no problems with X10 with CM11in HS4 on Linux. Switching is instantaneous. Maybe if you could paste some of your debug logs and give users an idea what is going on with your system.

Comment

Working...
                    X